So, I decided... it's the last Harry Potter book and I was going to get the full experience. I called Tyler, convinced him he wanted to go with me, and we went down to Borders to pick the book up at midnight. We got there and it was hilarious! So many people in funny costumes, some in not so funny costumes (dementors are SCARY looking!). We got a bracelet saying we had preordered the book, and then we chilled inside for a while, finding random people from school. Around 11:30 they kicked us all out of the store and we got in line (depending on what color your bracelet was). Eventually... we get back into the store, the cut off my bracelet, and handed me my beautiful copy of HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS. Paid for it, headed to Tylers car, and left! I got home around 1:30 this morning, and stayed up til 8:10 when I finished the last page of the book.
I don't know what to do with myself now that all the Harry Potter books are out. I think I will read the whole series again soon, maybe buy Harry Potter trivia games, and go to town. I also might have movie marathons. I was reading in the paper this morning. It said something along the lines of "kids have grown up with Harry Potter and as Harry 'comes of age' readers are saying goodbye to their childhood too". Pretty much that sums me up. I'm not a little kid anymore. In a month I'll be out of Redmond, headed who knows where before I get to BYU.
Well, J.K. Rowling, thanks for giving me Harry Potter. It was nice growing up with Harry, Ron and Hermione. It's sad to think that next summer or the summer after that there isn't another book to wait for, but there still are two more movies!
AND... Twilight fans, the third book, Eclipse, comes out August 7th. For some reason I doubt that I will be in line at the bookstore at midnight, but you can bet your bottom dollar that I will be purchasing this book as soon as it's out and reading it. I guess that gives me a little time to read Twilight & New Moon again.
Now that I don't have Harry Potter to read, any suggestions on other books I should read in the next month? I'm open for suggestions!
3 comments:
Girl -- you are the fastest reader I've EVER encountered! You were reading about a page a minute if my calculations are correct... How on earth do you do that?! Especially between the hours of 12:00 and 8 AM?! Am I the only one who's body's will to sleep triumphs over any will-power my mind has to stay awake? You're amazing!
well... once I started, I couldn't stop! At one point I thought "after this chapter I'll go to bed" but that was like 4:00, and then I figured I'd made it that far and had to keep reading. I've been exhauseted the rest of the day and now at 7:30 pm I'm going to bed. It's crazy to think that 12 hours ago I was almost finishing Harry Potter. Hooray!
I can't believe you read it through the night! That's crazy, although I totally get "after this chapter I'm putting it down". I do that ALL the time!
Post a Comment