12.16.2009

Apparently...

I talk in my sleep. On a regular basis. Like... Lesley says I say something EVERY night.

Last night was different though. Last night I said a full sentence, not just a mumble or "what?". Last night I said "there is a boy in my class at 6, I am going to buy him a notebook for Christmas." I don't have a class at 6:00, nor was I planning on buying anybody a notebook for Christmas.

I knew I talked in my sleep growing up... after sleep overs with "the squad" in like 7th and 8th grade the girls would always tell me what I said the night before. The most memorable was "I want more jello", to which my friends mom surprised us with jello for breakfast.

Freshman year Christie was laying in bed debating whether or not to get up and do her hair before class. Apparently I said "go for it" right then, and that became one of our most quoted quotes. She hadn't said anything out loud, and I did not remember any of this when she asked me about it later that day.

Next time Lesley is awake and hears me talk in my sleep she is going to ask me questions and see if I respond.

Does anybody else talk in their sleep? Or live in the same house as someone who does? Or have any funny things that they have heard me say in my sleep?

5 comments:

Joe and Joanne said...

When we shared a room for those few months several years ago, I never heard you talk in your sleep, but maybe it was something you acquired in your grown-up years?
I talk in my sleep. All. The. Time. I also have been known to walk in my sleep as well (but that happened when I was very very young - and I grew out of it, thank goodness). To the talking however: It became a bit of an embarrassment on my mission when my companions would tape it to prove I did it. Ridiculous. But I hav eto admit - if I noticed one of my roommates talking in their sleep I'd probably do the same thing.

I've just chalked it up to an uncontrolable manifestation of my natural humor. I always knew you had a fantastic natural humor as well. ;)

amyraye said...

Nolan talks and walks in his sleep. he has entertained us on many occasions. most recently on our trip to disneyland when all 7 of us were crammed in a single hotel room.
about 2 o'clock in the morning, nolan randomly called out, "hello?! hello?!"
pause.
"why isn't anybody answering me?!"
and i whispered, "because we're all sleeping. go back to bed."
to which he replied, "oh." and went back to sleep. so funny.

Megan said...

You already know that I talk in my sleep. And I definitely have memories of you talking in your sleep. I still talk in my sleep all the time. And my roommate does to. I swear we had a conversation in our sleep the other night. One of those...semi-conscious, not really in control of yourself, conversations. It was hilairous

Megan said...

So, no, I don't have any stories about you talking in your sleep. Sorry. But I was told several times that I sang in my sleep. Wihch is kind of creepy I think.

grandkrumps said...

I think singing in your sleep would take it to another level altogether--so Megan has my vote for most creative. Marci, you talked in your sleep all the time, and you know your Dad does too--so you come by it naturally. I wager most people do on occasion. You'll be OK.