7.27.2012

Anniversary

On our first anniversary we spent the day moving from our apartment to our duplex. My visiting teachers didn't show up to help me like they said they would, so I spent several hours that day cleaning every inch of that apartment on my own while Chris and a bunch of nice nice guys from our ward moved everything. I think we had Wendy's for lunch that day because it was in between our two places.

For our second anniversary we get to wake up super early (for us, recently at least) to go to an appointment with the ENT to see how much fluid has drained out of Chris' ears and to see what our game plan is. Then we get to go to two different pharmacies to pick up prescriptions, come home, and pack because the day after we are going to my brothers wedding! We are splurging a little on the diet and using a Groupon we bought a while back... we're having lunch at Red Robin! We're super excited to eat out somewhere, but know it will be hard on the diet.

Since Chris can't drive right now and he knew we were going to be going out of town right after our actual anniversary, he picked up a few surprises for me when we went to HEB today. We went to return some OTC medicine we ended up not needing, and then to buy bananas. The line for returns was a mile and a half long (okay, maybe only 4 people) so I got in line and Chris went to go find some good bananas. I found him sitting in a chair waiting at the door with some flowers as well as bananas. He felt bad that it was a little early and that it wasn't much of a surprise, since he couldn't just go to the store on his own, but I was excited.

The last two months have been pretty hard for both of us with him being sick. We were hoping when this all started that by our anniversary he would be feeling better and that we'd get to do something fun-a day at Six Flags, or getting massages...

I've decided that next year we aren't allowed to move or be sick on our anniversary so we can do something fun to celebrate!

1 comment:

SSvedin said...

Come party in WA! Yeah we're right by wild waves :D probably not very cool to spend your anniversary in the same state as your fam though. Oh well I'll just have to get you earlier like Oct or Nov!!