12.05.2012

Endo

I saw my Endocrinologist today who looked at all my lab work (all 3 tests) and my thyroid ultrasound and basically said that yes, my number was a little bit low, but so close to normal that she wouldn't medicate me yet at least because my number is so normal. I guess my TSH number is .2 and normal is .3 and she doesn't normally medicate unless you're at or below .01 and she said I was far far away from that. She didn't seem too worried, but is sending me for lab work in 3 weeks and I have an appointment in about a month!

What it sounds like is that my HCG hormone is just interfering with my thyroid hormone a little and messing things up, but that is common in pregnancy. She also said that since I have been dealing with morning sickness my HCG level is probably higher than average which would definitely mess with my TSH more than the average person.

So pretty much I've been anxious and worrying about this for what appears to be no big reason at all! I'm super excited about that!

4 comments:

Cara said...

Great news! My thyroid went screwy after Ainsley was born and went into hyper overdrive. It was so bad that I had to have it radio-actively shrunk back to normal. Now it doesn't work well enough and so I'll be on medication for the rest of my life. At least the medicine is super cheap. :)

Mom of 12 said...

I'm so glad to hear that! Now you can settle down and make a baby.
Sandy

Sarah said...

Glad you don't have to take any meds! I hope all of the morning sickness will pass soon.

Joe and Joanne said...

Sounds like good news! It will be nice for you to not have to think about that any more!