4.11.2013

Tomorrow yet?

I'm ready for it to be tomorrow night. Chris has been gone forever and I'm so ready for him to get home. I haven't gotten everything done that I wanted to, but I've done enough to feel good about it all. I wish I had more thank you notes written (my baby shower was this week, and it was awesome-it will get a post of its own once my friend sends me all the pics she took) but my fingers are a little swollen and writing with a pen hurts after a little bit, so I can only write so many at a time.

I watched Les Mis, and a few other movies that I checked out from the library. Wish I had gotten a few more to keep me excited. I also wish I had been able to find a pack/packs of cute buttons that I liked to do a craft for baby girl's room, but oh well. That will have to wait til I find good buttons.

I've wandered Target a few times. I just got my 10% off coupon so now I can go and buy things off my baby registry that I still want/need. I think I'm going to wait and have Chris come with me. It may help control my spending a bit... maybe. I probably should've added a few things to the registry when I was there tonight. Whoops.

And I've definitely not cooked much AT ALL! It's been great. I made a huge batch of pasta salad and just eaten that. Or gone to Wendy's/Taco Bell. I also had grilled cheese. And I've eaten a box of cereal. Yum.

I need to go to the grocery store tomorrow. And then I'm helping a friend work on some budgetting (because apparently she thinks I'm a pro). And then I might go to a girls night/movie night. And then eventually it will be midnight which is when Chris's flight lands. And then a taxi will eventually bring him home, and by then I'll probably be asleep. But he'll probably turn a light or two on and that will end up waking me up and then it will be a happy day, because I'm so ready for him to come home!

Also. This week I had an ultrasound! At my 33 week appointment I was measuring 31 weeks. So yesterday I had a growth scan. I was 34 weeks, 6 days, and baby girl measured 34w 2 days, which is pretty much perfect! They estimate that she weighs 5 lbs 1 oz, which is in the 28th percentile. My doc was happy with that, said it was a little small but not small enough to be concerned, especially since her weight is just an estimate right now. Today was my 35 week appointment. I still was only measuring 31 weeks. Funny how in 2 weeks you can gain 6 pounds but not have your belly grow... oh well.

And now it's 10:30, and I'm going to bed. Because I can and I want to, and I'm tired.

For the record though, Chick-fil-a has delicious milkshakes. I especially liked the Strawberry one that I got myself tonight.

3 comments:

Mom of 12 said...

He will be home soon! We are all here for you. Sending you a prayer and a cyber-hug.
Sandy

Megan said...

Guess what? It's today! :) And yes, you are a budgeting pro. If you lived near me I'd be requesting your assistance often because I suck at it. I love those reunions with husband after one has been gone for a while. It makes life happy so I can imagine how you will feel when you are woken by those few lights. I hope your shower was a great one and that you got a lot of helpful things.

Joe and Joanne said...

I do believe he's coming home today, so happy reunion to you two! :)

Sounds like you need to be making a few more trips to Taco Bell before baby girl arrives to get her weight up. ;)

I know what you mean by going shopping with your husband to control your spending. Same thing happens with Joe and me. I'm a saver, but I don't scrimp as much as Joe. Sometimes it's good to have him along to keep me in check (especially at HomeGoods...).

Have a great weekend!