I had every intention of blogging again soon after my last post. Life is kinda crazy though. I apologize in advance for typos, I'm writing this post on my phone and it's a little tricky.
The night before her 2 month appointment Emma decided to sleep 8.5 hours straight. Her pediatrician was super impressed. Shortly thereafter she started sleeping even longer. My sweet two month old would easily sleep 10 hours (8-6) and then one day it was 8-8. When Chris woke me up to say prayer before he left for work I made him go in and make sure she was still breathing, she was at 11.5 hours, her record. Life was fantastic! I was getting tons of sleep, she was taking great naps, and it seemed like I was able to do all sorts of stuff!
Chris and I talked for a while and I decided it was time for me to start my next byu class. Emma was sleeping til 7:30 or 8 consistently, would eat and stay awake for about an hour, then take a 2 hour nap. I felt like this was the perfect time. I could get plenty of sleep and then work during her nap.
Then two nights ago Emma woke up at 3:30. She was cranky fr a good chunk of the day too because she wouldn't take a good nap. Finally from 2:30-5 she slept and was in a great mood for Chris when he got home from work at 6. I didn't have the time or the brain capacity to touch my class. I made sure before I put Emma to sleep that she was nice and full and was hopeful that tonight would be better.
She slept from 8:30-4:40 this time. I was a little disappointed, but then I had to remind myself that her doctor said that at her age they want her to be sleeping 4-6 hours. I had been spoiled by her sleeping 10-12 hours. I'd love it if she'd start spoiling me again so I could function a little better and be able to work on my class.
For now though I'm wondering why I thought starting my next class was a good idea when Emma isn't even 3 months old...
5 comments:
Sounds rough. But one thing I know is that you can do it. It may be a challenge but you'll be able to work through it little by little.
Never make plans. They know. They always know... ;)
It won't last long. She will be back to her normal sleepy self. Just hang on for a few more days. They always seem to know when change is the most inconvenient!
Sandy
Could be a growth spurt! Hopefully she'll start sleeping well for you again soon. :-D
Oh no. Sorry Marci. Silly Emma. She just wants to keep her mama on her toes; always guessing what sort of sleep stretch she'll be doing next! :)
I'm sure it will all figure itself out. Are you allowed to defer the class to a later semester without penalty, since you just started?
Post a Comment