12.05.2013

Lately

The last three weeks have been pretty miserable here at our house. Emma stopped sleeping well, and started crying all the time. It seemed like she could've been teething, but then at her 6 month well child appointment we found out she had an ear infection. 10 days of Amoxicillin didn't clear it up, so as soon as the doctors office opened after the weekend (she finished the amoxicillin Friday night) we headed in and sure enough, her ear is still infected. She's now 3 1/2 days into her Augmentin script. So far I haven't noticed a difference. She still wakes up about 4-5 times a night, tugs at her ears, and is super clingy. This means I haven't had a decent night sleep in over 3 weeks, have had a near constant headache for three weeks, and am feeling pretty crappy overall.

Here are her 6 month stats:
Weight: 16 lbs 15 oz (68th percentile)
Height: 25.75 in (50th percentile)

and less than 2 weeks later when she went back she weighed 17 lbs 4 oz (and they didn't tell me a percentile for that)

She LOVES her exersaucer, her stacking cups, all of her giraffe toys, and her stuffed monkey. She's a big fan of carrots and apples, not a fan of peas. 



This face is just hilarious. I wish the picture was a little more clear, and that the leaf wasn't covering her eye, but it makes me laugh every time I see it.

This was a day or two before we found out her ear was infected.

Same day, a few hours later.

Waiting for the nurse to come give Emma all her shots at her 6 month appointment. 

Having lots of fun with her stacking cups

This was after she had started meds... 

Emma started sticking her tongue out a lot. It's super cute.

Our little turkey on Thanksgiving!

There's that cute tongue!

6 comments:

Joe and Joanne said...

Poor Emma - ear infections are the worst! We'll keep her (and you) in our prayers.

LOVE the pictures. She is so adorable! I just want to jump through the frame and kiss those cheeks!

grandkrumps said...

Here's hoping that the ear infection is soon "Past History." No fun....but in spite of it, you are getting lots of things accomplished. Gotta run set up some nativities in my house!
Love you tons!

Mom of 12 said...

I can't believe how big she is getting! Your first Christmas...I'm so excited for you!
Sandy

Ryan and Ashley Campbell said...

Poor little girl. I hope she's feeling better! It's so sad to see them sick.

Love all her pictures, she is darling!

Cara said...

So sorry Emma has been sick. Hopefully it all gets better soon. I always feel so bad for them when they don't feel good because you can't explain to them why they are feeling crappy. She is still cute though even with an ear infection. I love her cute little tongue. I think she and Brody should get married some day. Good. It's all settled then. ;)

Mom of 12 said...

How was your sweet girl's first Christmas?
Sandy