3.18.2014

10 months

Emma is 10 months now! Oh my goodness, I can't believe how fast time goes! I have no clue how much she weighs or how tall she is, but I'm sure she's grown some more since her 9 month appointment!

Today we went outside to throw something away right as the garbage men were coming. She was enthralled by the big loud truck, and laughed and waved when she saw the garbage men. They were really nice and waved back to her which she thought was really fun. I started turning around to walk away before it was gone and she got upset, so we stood on the driveway watching the truck stop about 4 more times before it finally turned off our street. I imagine we'll become friends with the garbage men now, just like we are friends with the mail man!

Emma often says something that sounds a lot like "go go go". It's the only real word she says, although sometimes when she is mad (like when she doesn't want to take a nap) I swear I hear her yell "mom" from her crib. 

This past week it was finally warm enough to go outside! Emma loved sitting/laying outside on our fun jean quilt (and I love thinking about the sister/bro-in-law/nieces/nephews who once wore the jeans that the quilt are made of!) and playing with leaves. She liked to crumble them up and then get a new leaf to play with. She was really excited when cars or trucks would drive by and she would watch til they were too far to see anymore!



She still is sticking her tongue out a ton! In this picture she is up on her knees, about to try standing. She is really trying to get up into standing position, but often needs a little help. She loves to practice pulling herself up on my legs if I lay down on the floor.

Emma is a GREAT clapper now. I know this picture is blurry, but it's a fun action shot! If she hears other people clap she will clap along. I think it's funny when she's playing, and I have the tv on and she starts clapping because someone on tv claps. She's not even watching the tv, but if there is clapping she joins in! She also is pretty good at clapping when we ask her to, unless her hands are busy. We're working on high-fives (which she thinks are hilarious), and she's getting pretty good at "how big is Emma?"

One of her latest tricks (this morning) was that she crawled over to the tv stand and pulled herself up on the shelf and started grabbing the apple tv. I told Chris this day would come and he didn't seem to believe it. We get to keep an extra close eye on Emma now in the living room! 

1 comment:

grandkrumps said...

Oh, how I love this little girl! So glad for an iPad and a little time for Facetime!