8.03.2007

Goin Back in Style!

Hey! I know it's only been a day or so since my last post, but I had to blog about a few recent additions to my family. By additions to my family I pretty much mean things that I bought that are going to be helpful in college/life in general.

http://www.rei.com/product/714376

View in the color "Pinot Red." That's the color I bought! I love this backpack so much! I wish I had purchased one months ago, maybe even years ago. I see North Face taking over the world of backpacks. So long Jansport... you were nice, but I've gotta step it up at college!

http://www.rei.com/product/706145

Color purchased: black. Oh man alive! Again, I wish I had bought this fleece months ago! I had two black jackets once, but I lost them both, and recently found one of them. Unfortunately, the one I found is the little boys size large fleece from gap that I bought at DI for $2.00. The one I still can't find is from Old Navy, it was warmer, and Megan gave it to me for Christmas. If you have it, please return it to me, I miss it very much.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=2323

Color: I'm pretty sure it's darker than it appears online. It's dark gray. Oh how I love this bad boy! I've got pictures from such random things now because I never have to remember my camera, just grab my phone! The service switch (from Cingular/AT&T to Verizon) has been amazing. Our phones work in our house, not that it will really matter in two weeks, but hey... if these phones work here, they must work everywhere!

That's pretty much all I can think of. And I'll have it known that none of the advertised prices were what I paid (and with the phone, I don't mean that I paid for it, since obviously mom & dad did, thanks again btw!). I'm into sales & signing up for email lists just because it gives me a 15% off coupon (thank you REI).

I don't think I've ever bought anything other than a Nalgene bottle at REI before, but now I'm loving it! It was so much fun. Last night I scoped it out online, found what I wanted for my backpack and browsed the jackets. Today I walked into the store with mom, found the backpacks, tried this one on, opened all the pockets and was in love! We went up to the clothes, and as we were looking for a "rain jacket" I saw the jacket I bought. I decided heck, I've lived in Seattle for 18 years and have spent the last few without a rain jacket, why would I need one somewhere else? I've got sweatshirts to wear, what's a little rain? With that said, I'll probably end up back at REI tomorrow to look at rain jackets again. LOVE IT!

3 comments:

Janyse said...

Marci!! You have to tell me how you like your phone. That's the phone I'm getting in just a few weeks! (Unless you tell me some HORRIBLE things about it.) Congrats on the fun REI stuff...you should become a member and go to their scratch and dent sale...CRAZINESS!!! Love you!

Joe and Joanne said...

Marci - I love all the things you've chosen for school, esp. the backpak. That will be nice when walking your books all around campus. You're choice in color is excellent too, you awesome girl!

Valerie said...

Now all you need is a Vera Bradly zip around wallet, and you're set! This is one of my latest finds...so SWEEEET! (check it out on verabradley.com)