2.23.2008

Lemon Pine Sol & Enrichment

Walking to class the other day, I smelled something familiar. Lemon Pine Sol. Once a month, all of Heritage (all 25-ish buildings) has cleaning checks. This week was that special week. Some apartment either in Horne, Harris, or whatever the building perpindicular to them, went a little overboard on their cleaning. Don't get me wrong, it's great that they actually did the cleaning for their cleaning check, but I shouldn't be able to smell it outside, should I? Here's how I look at it:

Our apartment has a few girls who take cleaning checks to a whole new level, using as much Pine Sol/Lysol as possible... from the inside it smells, a lot. From the lobby, you can kind of tell. But from outside, one would have no idea it was cleaning checks unless the window was open and we were talking about it being cleaning checks. As I walked past this especially stinky building it made me laugh. Do they really have someone that has OCD as bad as my two roommates when it comes to cleaning checks? I could NOT believe it! haha

Now, tonight is our cleaning check. Throughout the day we've lost the ability to use things: the shower, the oven, the microwave, the dishwasher, the toilet... as is the story on all cleaning check days. We lost the ability to use the oven last night though... so for dinner tonight, we ordered pizza from Brick Oven. Oh my goodness. I love pizza from Brick Oven. And their root beer. Not quite as good at home as it is there, but oh man alive, Brick Oven almost makes the scent of cleaning checks worth it!

Also today... this morning we had Enrichment. Which really seems like a Hall Activity, as there is no difference except who is planning it. For this enrichment we had a PJs party and ate breakfast. As I correctly assumed, we had a lesson on improving our Prayers, Journals, and Scripture Study (hence the PJS party...). This PJS party was way cooler than the one we had when I was a Beehive. Some girl's cousin came to talk about Journaling... and she was AMAZING. Her journals were super cool. I was talking to her about how I write in a journal, and keep a blog, and she recommended me printing my blog entries and putting them together so I don't have to write everything that I blog about in my journal later. So after Enrichment was done, I came home and started copy/pasting blog entries into a Word doc. I've printed August, November, December, January and February. I'm pretty excited to see how this all works out.

3 comments:

Joe and Joanne said...

A little Pine Sol goes a long way. You don't really have to use a lot of it to smell up a large radius. But you remember what it was like to share a room with me, don't you Marci? OCD is my speciality! :)
I LOVE the idea to print out blog entries and compile them into a blog-journal of sorts. Great thinking; I'll have to do that as well.
Hope things on the home-front are going a little better!
Did you hear about that job yet?

marci said...

Haha, yes Joanne. As for the job... haven't heard back yet either way, and it's really driving me crazy. My RA said I just have to wait, sometimes they take longer than they expected to do the interviews. I was also the first one, so they might have been telling everybody else that they'd here by a later day. You all will know once I've found out.

SSvedin said...

You definately shouldn't smeel pine sol from outside! that is too funny! That's a good idea to just put your blog in your journal. I am just keeping my journal on my comp now. That way I can truly be a washingtonian and not use paper ;) Why were her journals soo cool? I would like to hear some ideas