7.26.2008

Hmmmm!

In exactly 3 weeks and 25 minutes, my plane is scheduled to land back in my happy other home. That means I have only 3 weeks and 25 minutes to endure! Only 13 days left to work, only 2 more Friday nights babysitting, or maybe only one... depending on when we're going camping. Only 2 more Saturday's to do chores. Only 3 more Thursdays to be my "dinner/dishes night", although this Thursday is Mexican Night (I'll explain) so I won't be the only one cooking, and I imagine we'll all pitch in and help with dishes too. Only 36 days til my <3 215 reunion <3 with my loverly roommates from last year.

So Mexican Night... to explain Mexican Night, I need to explain Italian Night. Last week at church, a girl originally from 3rd ward, but who is attending SV with us (Carolyn C) invited me and Jenna for "Italian Night". We had no clue what this was going to be, but later in the week, Jenna and Carolyn talked about what we should bring. Anywho, we went over to Carolyn's house on Wednesday night with the makings for Italian Sodas. She and her sister Molly had made a pizza (more like, they cooked a pizza that they picked up at Costco) and it was amazing. Christi W brought pasta (pasta roni mind you, and man was I happy to see that stuff again :D) and the 5 of us had a fabulous time laughing and eating. Rachelle D showed up a little later and joined in on the laughter, oh... and I guess Carolyn's brother, Spencer, ate with us as well. We had a fabulous feast with our pizza, salad, pasta and italian sodas. Add a fabulous dessert and probably a good 4 hours of hearty laughter, and Italian Night was a success. We decided we wanted to make this a weekly thing til we all leave again in a few weeks, and decided that next week would be Mexican. Jenna & I decided to host it at our house, and boy, are we excited. We want to get costumes and decorations and have it be a full blown party. Pretty much, it's going to be hilarious. I'm way looking forward to it.

Last night Jenna & I crashed a 1st ward ward activity. More like, we went... I ate a few bites of a burnt hamburger, we both ate some chips and we talked to some people. Mom, Brenda says hi. And so do Michelle & Stephen Beecroft. Oh, and Rachel R does as well. Then, we sat with Claire A (she's 16) and decided to kidnap her for the night. We went down to downtown Kirkland and saw The Dark Knight. And man, it's a good thing Christian Bale is so attractive. We were all freaking out. Also, that movie theatre is dumb. They have something like reversed stadium seating... it was messed up. It was cheaper than Bella, and the movie started at a time we could actually handle, so I guess we can't complain too much. It was fun hanging out with Claire & Jenna. Next time, we're kidnapping Claire's brother, Charlie, as well. He was just too young for Dark Knight (he's like 11).

Today I went to the dentist to get 2 fillings. My appointment was at 8, and when I left his office at like 8:45 he told me to go home and go to sleep. So, I did. And when I would wake up randomly, I would check to see if my face was numb still, and if it was I would go back to bed. It got to the point that a little after noon I just woke up and walked into Jenna's room. Then we went and got Jamba Juice. Oh man, I love Pink Star Jamba's. Probably my favoritest ever!

I should probably do my laundry, and take a shower. And maybe find something to do.

3 comments:

SSvedin said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm calling it.. you're going to have tacos! ha ha Love you can't wait to come back for a weekend and then pick u up from the airport and Alexa makes us cookies!

grandkrumps said...

Oh how fun it would be to crash a Redmond 1st party. And I can just imagine your Italian night, all the people (well, most, at least, with your cryptic "Carolyn" and "Spencer") involved, and the fun you and Jenna will have with your Mexican Fiesta! I promise pictures of Pageant and the "CORE CAST" soon on my blog!

Traci said...

I LOVE the sound of Italian night! Especially with the Italian sodas! I finally had one of those a couple of months ago at the Spaghetti Factory - YUM!

I would be counting down the time until heading back to your "other happy home" too. Good times! Summers are fun, but it's nice to get back to school!