At school I found that I got a lot more done if I talked through my to-do list. That in mind, Christie and I regularly told each other all of the things we needed to do. If Christie wasn't around, Kelli and I would talk about our lists. Sometimes as I explained the tasks to one of them, it helped me figure out if it was a top priority or not. I also figured out that if I told somebody what I needed to do, they would sometimes ask me how a particular task had gone. It was like when you go on a diet with a friend and you check in with each other regularly to see how you are progressing.
After I would talk them through, I would number them on whatever paper I had written them down on, and then rewrite them in order. It was kind of a long process. I found that if I spent some good time making my list, it motivated me more. That and I figured I wasted 30 minutes figuring out what to do, so that was 30 minute less time I had to accomplish everything. Also, I really just like writing down lists of things I need to do. In a notebook that I hope is in a box in Provo (I only hope that because I can't find it, I really wish it was here) I have this huge long list of all sorts of things I need to do. However, that might have to be another post for another day, like a day that I actually have that list in front of me. It has a bunch of good lifetime goals, goals for the summer (whoops!), goals for next year, goals I want to accomplish before I get married... just a bunch of goals. Well, I suppose that the things on my to-do list are my goals. I don't really know why I started typing goals instead of 'things to do'. Actually, I probably did that because goals is significantly shorter than 'things to do'.
I decided that if I post my list of things I need to get done, I might actually do them... for fear that you all will laugh at me if I don't get them done. Also, I have a bad habit of losing my list of things to do.
I need to...
-vacuum my bedroom
-do my laundry
-pick up my piano book at the music store (yay for ben folds!)
-pay my tuition
-pay my $1 fee at the library... woops
-do my 4th RA Assignment (it's already a week late...)
-do my 5th RA assignment (it's due in a week... and it's the last one)
-work harder on my Geography class (independent study is a beautiful thing)
-figure out what to make for dinner on thursday, or find out if i'm really in charge of cooking since there are 5 extra people here
-call the two girls i'm supposed to call for my church calling
-schedule my visiting teaching, which shouldn't be so hard since i live with my companion, and 2 of the 3 girls we visit are girls i talk to on a regular basis
-think about writing letters to my friends that are still in the mtc (namely: brendan c and chris)
that should about do it for now. oh. i decided that simple things like getting sleep, eating, showering... didn't need to make that list, although those are things I do as well.
also, the other night when I talked to Allison on IM for a while, she told me that she could hear my voice as she read some of the phrases I said, like when I said "go for it" or "holler" and similar phrases that frequently come out of my mouth. I'm finding that this post is pretty much just typed exactly how I would've said it. If it's kind of hard to follow sometimes, or just has really bad english I apologize. On my blog atleast I write the way I talk, and sometimes I just talk funny.
3 comments:
it's true. When I get texts from you I know exactly how you said it lol
Marci, I love you just the way you are! Keep being the Best Aunt in the Universe! Our company was wonderful. You should watch for Jeanee (pronounced like your cousin Janae) Maucotel who is a cello major at BYU. She stayed in your room. Isaac is 18 and has one semester of school before his mission, and then Jared and Christian are 12 and 9 and darling boys. They all pitched in to clean up tables and all. We watched NT2 last night--at least they began watching and I came in for the last 45 minutes after Pageant. Love you muchly!
Your blogs are seriously the best to read. You just keep typing them the way you always do.
Post a Comment