9.18.2009

Moving is GROSS

So I moved into my condo just about a month ago... in that time I have swept the kitchen floor I don't know how many times. Today I grabbed a Clorox wipe to clean up a spill I made while fixing my spaghetti. I thought our floor had some weird colors to it, turns out that as I wiped up my spaghetti sauce, I wiped up some of the nasty color from the floor. I don't think the previous tenants EVER used a mop. How gross is that? Not only am I replacing the part they broke on the vacuum, but I will be going to the store tomorrow and buying a mop. And if that mop doesn't work very well, I will get on my hands and knees with Clorox wipes and get my kitchen floor clean. I don't like living in messes that other people made.

What I really want to know now is how the people passed a cleaning check when they moved out. Supposedly these cleaning checks are "white glove" but I don't see how a white glove inspection could pass when the carpet wasn't clean (obviously the vaccuum was broken and doesn't suck anything up) and the kitchen floor looks like crap. I'm pretty sure that those girls would've failed had they been my residents last year...

That's all for now.

1 comment:

Joe and Joanne said...

Yikes Marci. Sorry to hear that. I agree with you: Grime is GROSS.