1.24.2011

Games

Besides Racko, Phase 10 Twist and Toss Up, what are some of your favorite games that can be played with just 2 people? Chris and I love playing games instead of watching tv all night but we've not got a very good selection. We're considering picking up Yahtzee or Skipbo next time we're at Walmart... Suggestions anyone?

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Cribbage, Sequence, and definitely Skipbo.

Cara said...

Hoopla. It's a game made by the people who made Cranium. It's Nathan's and my favorite dame. We also like Disney Trivia. Surprisingly, Nathan beats me every time we play it. :)

Megan said...

Umm..Stratego and Othello. :) I like the ones already mentioned, but I thought I'd throw the old school ones in as well. Or some card games: Spite & Malice, Speed, other fun ones. Boggle, Scrabble, Carcassonne. Those three can be both good for 2 or for more. It is fun to play scrabble with a theme...only romantic words or something cheesy like that. Carcassonne is one of our strange games that you'll have to find at a games specialty store. You won't find it at walmart. It's fun. Usually more fun with more people, but you can play it with 2. :) Have fun! Even better...find some game buddies and then you don't have to worry about 2 player games.

Saus said...

Definitely Sequence! Gobblet is another great one I learned about recently. Also, mastermind, Stare, mancala, and connect 4. Puzzles are good too.

grandkrumps said...

Grandma and Grandpa play two-handed Hand and Foot ALL THE TIME. I bet I know where I could get you a set of cards if you'd like me to check! Scrabble would be my first choice, I think. But we don't play many 2-man games around here.

grandkrumps said...

Dad adds Cribbage and Backgammon--which led my head to Chess. If you take these up, you just may get more intelligent in the process!

Sarah A. said...

5 Crowns is a GREAT two-player game. It's made by the people who made Set (if you know that game). Adam and I have played it tons.

Jenny said...

Blink. Very good for when you feel like playing something but don't have a ton of time--or a long attention span. Each round lasts a fast and furious minute or less.

Joe and Joanne said...

Joe and I enjoy playing "Would you Rather". Even if we don't play the actual game, just asking each other the questions is a fun way to get to know the other person.

Warning though: There are unfortunately unclean versions of this game out there that have come out more recently. So if you get it, make sure to purchase the origial.

Joe and Joanne said...

Ticket to ride is another one that can be played with just two. It's not as challenging, but it's still a bit challenging and it's a lot of fun. ;)