When I was in school I didn't buy a ton of clothes, and now the ones that I did buy are starting to get pretty worn out. I moved to Texas owning one pair of shorts that weren't basketball shorts. I have since acquired 2 new pairs of shorts, but haven't added too many shirts to my wardrobe. I realized I should've stocked up on shirts when I was still in Provo and had really easy access to tons of cute, modest clothes. I was smart and bought a couple of skirts, which is excellent since I haven't seen too many skirts down here that I liked and that weren't either disgustingly long (like, dragging on the floor long) or super short.
Right now I am obsessed with about half of the tops, most of the skirts and a few of the dresses from Down East and this is one of those times that I wish I lived in Provo still so that I could just go to the mall and try a bunch of things on and then buy them without having to wait for it to get shipped. I can look at their website and say "oh, I like that and that and that and that, and oh man this top is great!" With them the problem is more along the line of "do I like it better in taupe or aqua?"Compare this to shopping just about anywhere else. First I have to wade through all the strapless/sleeveless tops (which is hard during the summer in San Antonio where it is currently 99 degrees)
And that is my rant on needing to buy new clothes. Also, it is really disappointing when you find something you LOVE and they only have it left in an xxsmall. In case you were wondering, I don't wear an xx-small.
4 comments:
You wear xxx small?
you caught me, sarah! i am an xxx small. if only, then i could buy the skirt i want!
I don't know who is an xx-small but I have found that problem a lot with DownEast and it's very frustrating. I honestly think their xx-small is a size -2. Which means you'd have to basically be a skeleton in order to fit into it. :)
I hate buying clothes! I always want to look better than I do...but it's just too much work to do something about it.
Sandy
Post a Comment