A few months ago it was almost time for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 to be released in the theaters. We started watching one Harry Potter each Sunday leading up to it. Well my friends, it's that time again. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 is coming July 15th so last Sunday was the beginning of our Harry Potter marathon!
4 comments:
Very fun! I remember you doing that last time. Joe and I did the same thing before the last Harry Potter (Part 1) was released.
Okay - mini soapbox moment: I don't know how you felt about it, but I wasn't all that impressed with Deathly Hallows Part 1 when it was said and done. It was suspenseful to be sure; it was nice to see our friendly favorite actors (Harry, Ron, Hermione); but it was also just a tad dark for my taste. (I wish Hollywood would remember that these are children's books from which these movies are being fashioned and children are crowding the theatre's to watch it...). AND it was unnecessarily racy in one spot (we all know the spot I'm talking about...). As a result, I openly admit our excitement for Part 2 is a bit deflated. We might go see it in the theatre, or we might just wait for the ratings and either way - watch it on NetFlix, OR we might not watch it all all and just read the 7th book again and enjoy that. We shall see...
Enjoy the marathon!! Especially number 1 - it's a fabulous one!
Exciting! We finally saw the most recent one on DVD. I danced in front of the TV during that one part where Ron is imagining Harry and Hermione together. :-D
I still need to watch number 7 part one! HA HA
My kids all love the Harry Potter books. My 20-year-old daughter will read the entire series once each year starting on November 1 because if she allowed herself, she would read them non-stop all the time.
Sandy
Post a Comment