From the street this is what you see! This is a random comment, but on the right you see our trash can. Our trash is picked up twice a week and we have a legit trash can. Pretty sure we don't produce enough trash to fill it once a week, but it has been nice to get all our moving trash picked up so often! Sorry about the gray blobs, gotta protect our privacy a little on a public blog...
Here's our front door. I need to make some sort of wreath or something. We also need to get a Welcome mat still.
When you open the front door, this closet is the first thing you see.
Turn to the right, and this is your view:
I'm standing behind the love seat for this one:
My keyboard! It's here! I put it together mostly all by myself (Chris had to hold something up so that I could get the screws in the stand, and he had to help me lift the actually keyboard up so I could screw it into the stand). The crate under is all my music. It works for now :)
In that last picture you can see some of the chairs and the kitchen table; here is our dining/laundry area.
This door is just to the left of the washing machine and takes you to our backyard!
Our backyard! The grass is awful, but Texas grass in general isn't too great and our drought doesn't help the color at all.
Come back inside and the kitchen is on your right!
More kitchen
Chris got a desk when we moved, which meant that the kitchen table no longer is a desk!
Between the couch and the desk is the hallway that takes you to the bathrooms and bedrooms. The door straight ahead is just a closet (you'll see a picture later) and the door on the left is just our AC.
To the right you have these three doors. The one on the left is the bathroom. Straight ahead is the second bedroom, and the one on the right is a closet. The closet only has our vacuum in it, and because of bad lighting you don't get to see the inside of it.
The second bedroom. When we moved in we put a ton of boxes and bins in there, especially the boxes with books and movies and things that were waiting to go onto a bookcase, into the desk, and things that didn't have an obvious home. If you come visit us this is where you can sleep!
The closet in the second room
The bathroom. This is where you can go to the bathroom if you come visit us. We don't use it much (right now it has some mosquitoes in it) but I did use it on Sunday to straighten my hair while Chris was shaving in our bathroom.
This is that closet I told you you'd get to see later. It has all of our extra stuff-extra toothbrush heads, towels, sheets, as well as our first aid stuff. It pretty much holds anything that needs a home.
Our bedroom, from the doorway.
Ignore the shorts that are on the bed-they need to be ironed. They always get so wrinkly in the dryer, it is obnoxious. Also please ignore our nightstands... we haven't found any that we really like so we use these 18 gallon bins instead... it works.
Our bathroom. It's pretty small, but it works!
We get our own closets!
And that's pretty much it. I can't think of anything that you really missed. We're loving our new place and will love it even more once it gets fumigated next week and the ants and mosquitoes disappear. We love the increased space (our previous place was a 1 bed, 1 bath apartment roughly 750 sq feet) and the decrease in rent. Now I have to think of something else to blog about...
7 comments:
Love this Marci! Thanks for the picture tour. This looks like a fabulous new place and more space for less money is a definite PLUS. I think my favorite part is your arched entryway. What a beautiful and artistic area; and I love how arches draw the eyes upward. Nice!
(Your keyboard looks fun too!) ;)
Woo hoo! Loved the tour! Especially the keyboard. :-D
It looks great! Yeah for a happy home! And I love the color of the front door! You could do some very colorful wreaths every holiday!
Nice! Looks like you are all moved in. Of course the one I liked the best was that nice big washer and dryer...I spend way too much time doing laundry.
Sandy
I love the neatness of your closets--shoes all in a row. Just you wait: I predict they will not always look that way! Really nice apartment. Sorry my first comments were lost somewhere in cyber space!
Cute house!
I can tell you are excited about your new home. No basement? I love your blog header by the way. The Beth Moore book from our giveaway is one the way! Hope you enjoy it.
Post a Comment