9.01.2011

Stuff.

I started blogging about how awful August was, but I didn't like it so I deleted everything I said. To sum up: Our air conditioner broke and we weren't at home for an entire week as we waited for the needed part to come in so that Mike could come fix our ac. We stayed with friends; sleepovers for couples are kinda fun! We played a Harry Potter Scene it game, a bunch of Just Dance 2, and ate some good food. Then we got to come back home and I got sick.  I'm glad August is over. Things are getting back to normal.

We have some exciting meals planned for next week that I wanted to share, because I think they will be delicious:

Meatballs with Peppers and Pineapple
Mexican Rice Bowl (we're adding cheese and marinated chicken)
Beef with Snow Peas

and this one:
Vanilla Pudding Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting for breakfast on Labor Day!

and I wish I could share the other recipe with you, but it's out of a cookbook that I don't own and can't access online so I can't, but it's a Zucchini & Red Pepper Chicken Stirfry with a ginger sauce (it's from America's Test Kitchen, and was something we were introduced to during our sleepover)

We like food. And we like trying new food that is tasty (although the Beef with Snow Peas isn't new, we had it a while ago).

3 comments:

Joe and Joanne said...

Sorry to hear August has been so gross. No AC in Texas? Not cool (pun intended). ;)

The recipes look great. Meatballs with peppers and pineapple sounds like a winner. We'll have to give that one a try; we're always trying to find new recipes here.

Glad you're feeling better and my fingers are crossed September will be much more enjoyable!

Sarah said...

Awesome! Glad you can stay cool in your own place and cook. Hope it all turns out delicious!

grandkrumps said...

Hope you are feeling better by now. I am glad August is behind us also. It is cooling down, and the beans are on, so canning season is upon me now. Lots of love to you!