I am firing my endocrinologist.
I know that sounds extreme, but I am so not happy with her office right now. I was supposed to have an appointment with her this morning at 9:00. Her office is downtown, so I had to leave my house at 7:55 because traffic is always awful in the morning. The only reason I had an early morning appointment was because it was the only appointment she had available even remotely close to when I was supposed to have my follow up. My follow up was supposed to be LAST Wednesday but a month ago when they went to schedule it they were booked.
I left home (way too early for sleep deprived me... but that's another story) and got there at about 8:30. Perfect. I'm supposed to arrive 15 minutes early or else I risk getting charged a no-show fee, and I know it takes them FOREVER to check in patients. I sign in and the lady says to me "Oh, I just tried to call you but your phone is not able to take calls. Your doctor isn't in today so we need to reschedule your appointment." I looked at her like she was an idiot. I know my phone receives calls, my phone rang a few minutes ago when someone else called me. I asked her what number she had and she reads me some phone number. DEFINITELY not my phone number, not even remotely close to my phone number. Wrong area code, and not even the local 210. I told her that was not my number She told me I must have given them the wrong number then because that was what she had on file. Then she read me the address and asked if it was my address, and it wasn't. Then she realized she had pulled THE WRONG FILE. She called some other patient to cancel my appointment 30 minutes before it started. So she went to the back to pull my file (which was a sign that she never had my correct file anyway) and said "oh, I called this number too" to save some face. So I asked her what happened when she called that number and she said "it says this number can't receive calls". So I told her to call it again, on speakerphone so I could hear it for myself, because if thats what it said then my phone had issues and I needed to take care of it. What do you know, when she called it... my phone RANG and I answered it and was able to talk to her.
She rescheduled my appointment (the soonest available is 2 weeks from now) and asked if I wanted to talk to the nurse about anything. I asked if I could get the results from my labwork, since I hadn't been called with them yet even though I got my bloodwork drawn 2 weeks ago. She said a nurse would come call my name in a minute. About 5 minutes later a lady comes out and calls my name, pulls me into a back hallway and rudely says "What do you want?" I just looked at her, and then calmly told her that I was told she could go over my bloodwork with me. She told me that she isn't a doctor and she can't tell me the results. I told her that the only reason she was talking to me was to give me the results, so if she didn't have them she needed to tell me so I could leave and stop wasting my time. She said she didn't even have access to my results yet because my dr hadn't looked at them, and until the dr pulls them and looks at them they aren't available to anyone else. This just pissed me off. At my last appointment I was told I would get a phone call immediately after they recevied my results because we needed to take care of any problems right away or else it could harm my baby. Apparently immediately at that office means more than 2 weeks later? She told me that when the doctor comes in tomorrow that she'll have the doctor pull my results, go over them, and then have a nurse call me with the results.
Once I get those results, if things are still really close to normal I will cancel my future appointment with the endo, and just go back to my pcp about this. She can order blood tests just fine and the endocrinologist said she wouldn't even think about starting any treatment unless my levels dropped to a certain point, and now I know what that point is. The endo didn't seem too concerned about my thyroid levels, so I probably don't have much to worry about. I am going to make sure that my pcp knows what a horrible nightmare my whole experience with this office has been though so that she can stop sending people there... we had a similar experience when trying to get in to see a neurologist with Chris this summer so the pcp stopped referring to that doctor. Have I mentioned lately that I LOVE our pcps? AND my ob? Yes, I love my pcp and my ob. They are both amazing.
And now I want to just change back into my pajamas and climb back in bed, but this whole ordeal took almost 2 hours and I don't think I could fall back asleep. I think I'm too unhappy. So instead I'll sit on the couch, eat some more breakfast (I'm hungry again now) and watch a movie or something and listen to the rain. And then after I'm not angry anymore I'll call the lady who is supposed to proctor my midterm and find out if she has received it yet, because I REALLY need to take that test. And I need to buy the extension for my class. Wow, this day did not go as planned.
BUT the good news is, we're having yummy sweet and sour turkey meatballs for dinner tonight and I am REALLY excited about that, because i LOVE sweet and sour meatballs.
2 comments:
Oh, I would fire them too! Sorry you had to deal with that, Marci. That was so unchill of them.
I am impressed though that you were able to relatively keep your cool in a stressful pregnant state. I hope things are fine so that you don't need to find another endo. Good luck!
Post a Comment