3.30.2014

Goals Revisited

Now that we're 1/4 of the way through the year I thought it would be good to revisit my goals!


In 2014 I want to:
1. Read The Book of Mormon 
2. Make 12 pages for Emma's Quiet Book
3. Have 15 File Folder Games completed
4. Read 12 books for fun
5. Take Emma to Story Time regularly
6. Lose the rest of my pregnancy weight
7. Read to Emma every day
8. Do 5 sewing projects 
9. Be a better Visiting Teacher and actually visit my sisters instead of phone calls/letters
10. Participate in the challenge our RS Pres gave us recently to work on Personal Progress


So to check in...
1. I'm on track to finish around October 1st
2. I have 4 1/2 pages done. I'm working on 2 more as well!
3. I have 16 done!
4. I've read 13 books so far
5. Can't say I "regularly" go, but we just started going to story time at the library that is a 5 minute walk from our house. They added on a new childrens wing last summer and have a new children's librarian and it is FANTASTIC now. Emma is definitely young, but I want to expose her to books as much as possible!
6. I'm working on this. I have a new accountability partner that I text every day to tell her if I exercised that day, and check in on other goals we each have set. One of us is focusing on eating more veggies, the other is focusing on drinking only water. It's nice to know that Jenny is waiting to hear from me.
7. We read Doggies (by Sandra Boynton) and The Very Hungry Caterpillar (Eric Carle) each several times a day. I also try to read other books too.
8. I've done bean bags, am working on hooded towels and also her I-spy bags.
9. Wouldn't ya know, right after I wrote my goals they changed my visiting teaching assignment, and now one of the sisters I am assigned to visit is making this goal so difficult for me! We are trying so hard with her, but I've decided that if she doesn't want us to visit her in person I'm still accomplishing my goal if I reach out to her.
10. Still working on this one too! I've figured out which value experiences I want to work on, and assigned myself one a month, and so far I'm working hard on it!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

You are doing awesome! :-D

Cara said...

Look at you you busy girl! I think it's great that you are exposing Emma to books now. Reading often will help her love books always and we LOVE Sandra Boynton at our house. :)

grandkrumps said...

You are very ambitious and motivated! Congratulations on all the things you are accomplishing so far this year!

SSvedin said...

Way to go marci! Keep it up!