12.09.2014

2014 Goals visited again

Back in January I made a list of my goals for 2014. I just remembered about that list a few days ago as I was reading through old blog posts. It's interesting to see how I totally rocked some of these goals, and failed miserably at others! I'm starting to think now about what I want to accomplish in 2015 and trying to pick a word to be "my word" for 2015. I think for 2015 I need to print out my goals and put them up on my nightstand or on the wall next to my bed so that I can see my list more frequently.

In 2014 I want to:
1. Read The Book of Mormon 
2. Make 12 pages for Emma's Quiet Book
3. Have 15 File Folder Games completed
4. Read 12 books for fun
5. Take Emma to Story Time (either at the library or at Barnes & Noble) somewhat regularly
6. Lose the rest of my pregnancy weight
7. Read to Emma every day
8. Do 5 sewing projects (did I mention yet that I got a sewing machine on Black Friday?) 
9. Be a better Visiting Teacher and actually visit my sisters instead of phone calls/letters
10. Participate in the challenge our RS Pres gave us recently to work on Personal Progress (I'm planning on looking through the PP book/website tomorrow after church to figure out which goals I want to work on, I know that reading The Book of Mormon counts for the Virtue project) but do it at the pace that fits my current stage in life better

Well... 
1. I did read The Book of Mormon! I read it once on my own, but Chris and I also read it together this year. So technically, I did this one twice!

2. Emma's quiet book hasn't been touched too much. I do have a few more pages done now than I did earlier this year. A few months ago I decided I wanted to have it done for Emma for Christmas. That isn't happening because I picked two other homemade gifts for her and this one got set aside. This is a goal for 2015 now.

3. I think I have something like 17 or 18 File Folder Games made. They're at the top of my closet most of the time, but they do get used! I'm part of a babysitting co-op and some of the other kids that are part of it are a little older and love the file folder games! I'm glad I have them done even though Emma doesn't get to use them yet. Although... she may be ready for some of them!

4. Oh man. I've read a ton of books this year. My goodreads account says I've read 56 books this year, and I know there are a few I've read that aren't on there. Back in August a lady I visit teach gave me a list of 100 childrens books that everyone should read. It contained several series (with a series only counting as one book). I've since read the first 19 Boxcar Children books! I also have discovered a love for audiobooks since that means I can do dishes/laundry/clean my house AND read a book at the same time!

5. We are the regulars at our storytime! We missed a few weeks recently because Emma was sick/we had family in town for Thanksgiving, but it was great to be back there today! We love our little library for Story Time! Miss Sandy is the best storytime lady!

6. Yeah... didn't happen. Or anywhere close to it. That's one of my big 2015 goals. To be healthier.

7. We read lots of books each day. In the car I even recite books to her to keep her from screaming. We love books!

8. Sewing projects! I've done bean bags, hooded towels, hemmed some pants, i-spy bags, the alphabet magnets I'm making for Christmas (although that project is not done!), and done some work on her quiet book that required sewing. I feel like I've done some more projects too, but I don't remember. I think I can say I've done 5 though!

9. I've done a lot better at visiting my ladies! One didn't want visits so we just mailed her stuff or dropped it at her front door, but otherwise I've been mostly good. It will be easier now I think since they changed my route again and I've only got two sisters (for now at least) and they both are awesome about having us visit them! One of them even takes an afternoon off of work each month to come visit with us. She misses her grandkids and loves to play with our kiddos!

10. I kinda forgot about this whole personal progress challenge. The RS president challenged us a year ago, and I know I was better about it at the beginning of the year. Reading The Book of Mormon was part of the challenge though, so I can definitely say I did that part.

Wow, not too bad considering I didn't see this list of goals very often. 

Keep an eye out for my 2015 goals in a few weeks. I'm trying to really figure out what I want to do and think this through a lot more than last years!

No comments: