I've spent so many hours in the past week reading Sophie's World for Humanities. If anybody else has ever read it, does it ever get good? I guess we're only on like the 9th chapter, but I'm getting bored by it.
Other than Humanities, school has been fairly uneventful... I take that back, band has been slightly exciting. Tuesday night was our monthly Band Council Meeting (aka, me, Mr. Robertson, and about 10 parents). At it, the boosters announced that they're ordering BAND JACKETS! oh mylanta, I am SO excited!!!!!! We also decided to create a contest out of designing the pep band t-shirt. Whoever designs the winning shirt gets a giftcard to Red Robin. I'm so superly excited to see what people come up with.
I'm trying to think of other interesting things to blog about... Val has her adorable kids and pregnancy stories... I just go to school and work every day. I don't do a whole lot besides that, sorry for my disappointingly boring blog.
I think the one cool thing that happened during school this week was in Music History yesterday and today we did presentations. They were titled "My Favorite Song Presentation". We brought in a cd with one of our favorite songs, the class listened to it for 2 minutes, and then we briefly explained why it's our favorite. I chose a Waking Ashland song, since Megan and I listened to them the day before she left for the Y. It was really cool to learn what music everybody likes, we (Carly and I) were so wrong about what people listened to. We expected more rap, but so far only one student has brought in rap. We've had so much alternative music, I'm LOVING it! YAY for Music History!
Tonight I'm going to Steph's 18th bday party... only a month and a few more days til my 18th bday! HOORAY for BIRTHDAYS! HOORAY HOORAY! I'm so excited. We'll see how her party goes tonight, I'll blog about it tomorrow while I'm at work, since this is one of the few things I find entertaining while I'm at work.
I need suggestions for what to write my college application essay about, I'm struggling hardcore to come up with ideas. Oh I hate the thought of starting that bad boy, but it needs to get done so I can be all ready to apply when applications are available. ACK! I'm not really looking forward to applying to college, until the acceptance letter comes, those are always good!
Well... it's lasagna time, and then I'm off to the partay!
3 comments:
Blogs are NEVER boring. It's just fun to see what you're up to, even if it's the mundane. It's like a window to your SOUL...;)
Music History sounds so cool. They didn't have classes like that at RHS when I was there. Have you ever heard of Jack Johnson? I love his music..."it's always better when we're together". Also Five for Fighting is up there. Well, just wishing I could share in your my favs with your class.
Good luck on the application process. I was so lame and ONLY applied to BYU. I wish I'd at least applied to some others so that I could've had some other options...I was so close-minded. I LOVE the campuses out here of UVA and William and Mary. There's nothing like going to BYU, but there are other good schools out there...
Do they give you any guidelines on essay topics, or is it pretty much open-ended? I'll think on that...
Jack Johnson is only one of my favs val, of COURSE i've heard of him. You can't be a student at RHS and not know Jack. We played him in the lunch room sometimes last year! Five for Fighting is also AMAZING! you have superb taste in music v!
I get my taste in music from James. He's the one that keeps up with it, and puts the latest on the ipod. I just benefit from him...
Post a Comment