12.13.2008

Snow.

I had forgotten that after I went and checked each apartment and did their first redo for cleaning checks, that the next step was to have the Hall Advisor go check it. So, I called her about something else and ended up not having to go do the rest of my redos! That was happy.

On another note. When I finally woke up today, it was to a phone call from another RA, asking if we were supposed to be doing something about the snow. After I jumped out of bed and looked out the window I wanted to cry.

GO AWAY SNOW!

Some of my roommates, and a lot of my residents, are so excited about the snow. I liked it. Before it started to stick. And before it was finals week. Walking to the testing center in the snow isn't going to be fun. It also won't be fun once you get to the testing center and take of your hat, gloves, scarf, coat, and you are still wet, and cold. Shoveling the snow infront of my building won't be fun either, and neither will going out at night and sprinkling ice melt on everything.

So snow, go away. I don't want you here right now. Go snow on someone else.

I was going to go study at the library today, but now I don't want to leave my apartment. Snow requires way more time getting ready to leave. UGH! PS. I need to buy boots. I just realized that.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I'm sure I'll be saying the same thing soon enough. BUT...Marci...shoveling snow is really fun! Good exercise, and instant gratification. There is a great sense of pride and accomplishment when you finish a walkway. AWESOME!

Yay for not having to finish the redos.

grandkrumps said...

If you don't get boots before you come here, I know just the place in Burlington where I got two pairs of really good boots with deep grooves for safer walking in the snow. Of course, nothing works on the ice (see my comment today on Val's blog re: freezing rain storm! On SANTA blog)

Joe and Joanne said...

I feel your pain. We haven't see snow that's stuck to anything yet here on Boston (it's been too cold to snow - we've had an ice strom instead and that's a bit worse). But I agree with Valerie: Shoveling snow CAN be fun. I find I'm quite happy to do once I'm out and working in it. So enjoy!