7.27.2009

Two Unrelated Things

1. My roommate Jenny has been here the last few days. I absolutely LOVED having her here! She drove here from Provo with three of the girls that were in the Nauvoo Brass Band with her last summer. We had a great time doing stuff together! I got to do some of the touristy things with them that I wouldn't have really had time for. It was way too much fun sometimes-like when we stayed up til 2:00 every night talking and giggling.

2. My primary boys are really sad about me leaving in a few weeks. They've been asking for a long time when I was leaving, so I made a paper chain to take to church each week. Sundays are yellow and have the date written on them. The day I am leaving is pink and the rest of the days are teal. At the end of class we rip of the Sunday link and count how many days until I leave and also how many "church days" we have left together. The first week I brought it to class Seth cried. I shouldn't say this on my blog, but he's my favorite kid in the class; the one I've bonded with the most. It will be so hard to say goodbye to him. This week I let him help me and after he counted the days he ran over and gave me a big hug and whispered in my ear "I don't want you to leave". I almost cried. I now know how Kourtney felt about leaving her primary class at the end of last summer. I LOVE my class so much. In case you were wondering, I have either 17 or 18 days left (I don't remember).

1 comment:

Joe and Joanne said...

If you were my teacher and were leaving, I'd cry too. ;)