Today:
-I had an interview for a job
-I got the job
-I watched a HazCom movie so I can start my job tomorrow
-I finished buying my textbooks
-I only spent about $140 on my textbooks. The bookstore said it would cost me $375
-I bought cleaning supplies so I could clean out the kitchen cupboards
-I cleaned out the kitchen cupboards and am now ready to put my kitchen stuff away, once I get shelf paper
-my back, shoulders, arms and legs all started peeling REALLY bad. I look... great
-I didn't get to finish putting together the bookshelf that I bought the other day, because I didn't make it to Home Depot so I couldn't buy the missing screws.
-Lesley (my roommate) and I made chili for dinner because we each had a can of chili in our boxes, and I had my pampered chef micro cooker. we made koolaid in a bowl. did I mention that we haven't unpacked our kitchen stuff because the shelfs were gross...
Why I love my condo:
-ceiling fans in the bedrooms and kitchen
-air conditioner
-we have a balcony!
-it is only a 7 minute walk to Panda Express, which means it is less than a 7 minute walk to Costa Vida. That is very exciting!
-our kicthen wall and the wall above our fireplace are a cool shade of red (i'll post pictures later)
-we have a fireplace
-we have a washer and dryer!!!
-the couches are leather and so comfortable
-our coffee table is incredible
-we have a way cute lamp in our living room
-it is approximately a 10 minute walk to my job!
Why I don't like my condo:
-we currently don't have hot water
-the cold air from the living room (where the air conditoner is) doesn't make it into our bedroom very well
-there aren't shelves in the bedroom (which is why I bought a bookcase)
-there aren't bookcases in the living room like I expected. The unit I looked at before I signed my contract was owned by someone else, so the furniture is a little different. oh well.
2 comments:
Well, it sounds like it is still a cool condo. I'm sorry the kitchen was gross, but am glad you knew how to clean it up. Is Lesley the apt 9 Lesley? If so, I'm glad you two get to live together. If not, then its cool you get to know a second Lesley.
Keep smiling. The bad things can be mostly taken care of, and the day will come when you will not need the air conditioning. Have you checked to be sure the vents are open?? (Sorry--that sounds pretty obvious. I'm sure you have!) Enjoy life as a Junior in college! Fun, fun, fun!
Post a Comment