This week has been slightly disappointing mealwise at our house. No, that's an understatement.
Baked Potatoes. Seriously, how hard is it to bake a potato? Apparently too hard for me. Our potatoes were disgusting, the chili didn't even make up for it.
Baked chicken and potato salad. This time I overcooked the potatoes for the potato salad, a little too mushy. The chicken was fine, although I'm not a huge fan of chicken with bones, too much bone and not enough chicken.
Chicken Pot Pie. I was happy with it, but my carrots didn't get soft enough so it was disappointing for Chris. I LOVE this chicken pot pie recipe. It's America's Test Kitchen with the savory crumble topping.
Mexican Rice Bowls with Cilantro Lime Rice. The problem was the rice... it was really mushy. A little too mushy for my liking.
This has been a week of a few bad migraines, which resulted in bad food because I didn't feel like cooking, or really doing a whole lot of anything. Here is to hoping that next week can be a little better in the culinary department here.
1 comment:
I get super irritable when my food doesn't turn out right! I hope it all turns out better the next time.
Post a Comment