I finished Pride and Prejudice. I really struggled with about the first 40-50 pages, but once I hit page 50 it was smooth sailing. I didn't even want to put the book down a few times. I'm so glad that I didn't give up, it was a great book! I even requested the audiobook from the library when I was struggling, hoping that maybe if I listened and read along it would help... but I didn't end up needing the audiobook at all!
I am so glad to be able to say that I did it! Now I can cross that off my bucket list!
My next class is being delivered to me on Friday, so I've got just a few more days of reading ahead of me... I have the last 4 Chronicles of Narnia books that I would love to read, plus a Shannon Hale (whatever the third book in the goose girl series is). I won't be able to read all 5 of those books, but hopefully I can make some good progress.
4 comments:
Good job! I really liked pride and prejudice too so I am glad you were able to power through a hard part.
I found Pride and Prejudice to be a tough read too. I fel so empowered when I finally finished it!
You rule! Maybe I'll read it someday. :-D
You will want to re-read it again in a few years--your life experiences will color it differently. Like, having 5 daughters to marry off (well, 4 + Joanne!!!! And SHE COUNTS!!!)
Post a Comment