Naptime today was rather successful. First off, Emma took two naps (hallelujah!) that were of decent length. A few nights ago I had cut out the squares I needed to make bean bags, a project that I decided was a good "first sewing project", and also something that could be fun for Emma to play with in the future (or maybe now??). Today after she fell asleep and I had breakfast and started laundry I started sewing. First I had some issues with threading my machine, but after a minute reading the manual I realized the stupid mistake I made and I was quickly done sewing, turning squares right-side out, and getting them ready to fill. Then Emma woke up from that nap. I stuck her in her high chair for a few minutes with her lunch and sat next to her, sewing three of my bean bags shut. Then it was time to go visiting teaching, and when we got home it was playtime for a few minutes then naptime again! During this nap I switched laundry up, ate lunch, and finished the rest of my bean bags. They may not be perfect, but I think they're pretty darn awesome!
I feel like I'm making some good progress on my 2014 goals. I've finished a book (Wonder), started about 4 more (I like having options when it's time to read), completed a sewing project, figured out which library has the best baby time (I asked a bunch of friends, I didn't want to waste time going to the bad ones) , and have made 9 file folder games. I need to just laminate them, cut them out and attach Velcro. I've done some things for personal progress (and hello, sewing these bean bags was part of a personal progress experience)), and I've done half of my visiting teaching for the month! I'm hopeful that I'll be able to keep up the enthusiasm with my goals. I think that having goals that I really want to do (sewing projects/quiet book/file folder games/reading) really helps me want to use my "spare time" to work on those things.
I'm trying to be more selective about how much time I spend on my different devices and making sure I am really getting things done. It's been nice to step back and reevaluate my priorities.
On to my next sewing project soon... I think I'll finish up those I-spy pouches!

3 comments:
Good job lady! Way to be productive!
They look pretty perfect to me!
Sandy
Nice job! And congratulations to Emma for remembering how to take a decent nap! Keep us all posted on your activities.
Post a Comment