I like Eggnog. When we asked what we (Allison, Sara and I) could bring to Thanksgiving dinner we were told that they already had everything but the Eggnog, so we were asked to bring some Eggnog. Never having tried it before I just smiled, nodded, and headed to the grocery store. Well guess what, I like Eggnog.
I never realized what my favorite parts of Thanksgiving dinner were until I had them a little differently... Homemade stuffing being one of those things I just took for granted. Mom, please teach me your ways. Jeanne's rolls. Dad's potatoes. I will give them props, we had real potatoes, I watched them peel the potatoes and everything... but Dad's potatoes, oh man!
Overall, Thanksgiving was fantastic, even if I cried for an hour before I went.
And today, I experienced what be my first experience of shopping on Black Friday... and I did it online. Merry Christmas to me!
2 comments:
I hear you. We always have Thanksgiving with friends, and it's just not the same. Yesterday James and I cooked the whole Thanksgiving dinner so that we could have turkey, stuffing, gravy and potatoes the way we like them!
And eggnog...ugh.
You had never tried egg nog before??? I love egg nog. Now try it with a teensy bit of Sprite. Even better, add some vanilla ice cream. Matt thinks I'm sick when I do that, but it's sooooo good.
Post a Comment