10.09.2011

Sometimes... I ramble.

Sometimes I have to set rules for myself. Like this kind of rule:

Don't even think about using any electronics before you have exercised and read your scriptures. The exception is... if someone texts me I can respond. Really this rule is me telling myself not to get on facebook, pinterest, the byu 100 hour board, blogs, or my email until I've exercised and read my scriptures.

In a couple of days I'll have all of the materials for my two classes that I'm starting. Right now I have the textbooks, but not the actual classes. Once those come, I add another rule... No reading (except scriptures and textbooks) until I've done that days work for my classes. Once I have the materials and can see how much work each lesson will take I will draw out a plan so that I can finish the classes with plenty of time, and then I'll stick to that plan. This will be a challenge. Ever since I finished my last class I've probably read like 15 books. It's kind of a beautiful thing. I love books. This past week I've read two complete books. I'm also pretty close to finishing two others. And I have two more books from the library that I haven't started. I also have two books that are in transit to my library for me that I put on hold a while back. And then I have a stack of books that I've won over the last few months that I should read before I donate some of them to my library. These books should provide good motivation to keep up with my schoolwork.

Also: I still haven't seen any ants alive in our house since the bug guy came. I am still finding more and more dead ants in my bathroom. I'd rather they be in the bathroom and dead than in my kitchen cupboards very much alive.

And... I'm kind of in love with pumpkin right now. Pumpkin cookies. Pumpkin muffins (more like cupcakes though). Pumpkin bread. I found a recipe for pumpkin soup that is screaming my name. It just feels like pumpkin time.

And those are my thoughts. Just in case you were wondering. And I know some of you were. :)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Rambling! My favorite. :-D

Did I tell you about the time Matt made pumpkin spice cookies? They were my mom's recipe and he couldn't figure out why it was called pumpkin spice when it didn't have any pumpkin in it. I came home to the smell of batter oozing all over the bottom of the oven. Turns out she forgot to write down at least double the flour and a can of pumpkin. Hilarious.

Megan said...

I WAS totally wanting to know what you were thinking right now. :) 1. Hooray for Pumpkins. Oliver was also feeling that vibe so we had some pumpkin cream cheese muffins(but I added chocolate chips to mine so it was more like a cupcake too). 2. Hooray for having a plan and sticking to it. I just can't make myself do it, or at least think of way too many reasons not to. Good luck with your classes!

Mom of 12 said...

I have a friend who brings me THE BEST pumpkin cookies I have ever had! She has offered me the recipe several times and I always refuse, just telling her to bring me cookies instead. Maybe I should get it???
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Pumpkin! Pumpkin! Pumpkin! I agree!!! Are you super excited to learn how to can it? Then we will have a ton of it and it will be cheaper than the store stuff. and tastier. I think with all the rain it has started to kind of feel like fall and that's why we want to start fall cooking. Let me know how to pumpkin soup turns out - it sounds delicious!

Joe and Joanne said...

I was wondering. Sounds like you've got some good goals (yet again - you're always making good goals). So, what classes are you taking? Oh, and don't forget pumpkin PIE! ;)

grandkrumps said...

I wanna know how you "won" books in the past few months. I'd love to win some of those....