1.26.2013

Better

Life is starting to calm down a little.

At this point, funerals are over, though all my family is still in Utah (Grandma G's funeral just ended a few minutes ago). It's been hard thinking about how just about my entire family is together (all my siblings + my parents + aunts/uncles/grandpa + almost every cousin on my moms side...) because I know it has been one big party. I have hilarious siblings and my cousins are pretty darn funny too!

After the pest control guy came on Thursday I have seen way fewer ants in our house. Right after he came I saw an extra large number in the kitchen, but a few hours later... and I haven't seen one in the kitchen since! I saw ONE in the bathroom today, but only one! The number of dead ants that we find inside is also incredibly small in comparison. We are so happy with these results and hope that they continue to stay this way!

The one perk to this was that I got to reorganize the pantry and really pay attention to what we had. I was able to spend significantly less on my groceries for next week because I found some things in the pantry that I didn't know were there! That was a major bonus for me because I had extra money to start stocking up on toilet paper/laundry detergent. I've made a list of cleaning/personal care items that I waant to make sure we have plenty of before the baby gets here and at the end of the month I'm using the extra money in my grocery budget to start stock piling. I also have a list of food to stock up on that will stay good, although I'm not really focusing on those things yet. This week I also cleaned out the freezer and found all sorts of fun things in there that we can eat!

School is coming along. I've made some good progress in the last week. My class was due 2/3 but I decided to pay for the extension so my class is due 5/3. With baby girl due 5/16 I originally wanted to finish the class by 4/1, but now I'm aiming for even a little earlier. I want to have my class done a few days before Chris's birthday, so my new goal is March 22nd. That gives me time then to focus on Chris's birthday, and then really focus on baby stuff! These deadlines help me to plan my time. A friend invited me to come over next week and watch a chick flick with her while her daugher is at preschool and her son is napping. I'm using that as an incentive. I told her that I would love to, but that I need to be at a certain point in my class before I can do that. If I don't get to that point by Thursday morning then we have to reschedule. I really want to go watch with her, so I'll be doing my homework! I need small deadlines like this rather than just thinking "oh, I have 2 more months, I'll be fine!"

Chris and I have been listening to Harry Potter audiobooks. It has been so much fun! We each listen on our own during the day, and then at night we listen together! I've been able to listen as I do the laundry/clean the kitchen/organize the pantry/clean the bathrooms. It has been fabulous.

I'm so glad that January is almost over. It's been a wild month. I finally am starting to look pregnant, so tomorrow when I actually have gotten ready for the day, I'll try to remember to take a picture and post it soon. I haven't taken a single picture yet... I should probably do that.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so excited for pictures! I got to organize my pantry last week due to dang weevils. I hate them so much!

Joe and Joanne said...

Your siblings are hilarious and some of my favorite people on the planet. ;) Sorry you can't be with them. Some time soon though!

Glad the ant situation is working itself out. We had ants at our house when we bought it but fortunately they were all outside and the Yankee Pest Control people we have a contract with sprayed once and they were ancient history! I guess Texas ants are just a little more resilient. ;)

Good luck with your class and YES, I think you SHOULD take a picture. I'm still waiting to see your hair! (!!!). ;)

Cara said...

Ahh, the first pregnancy... Everything is still so tight in your belly it takes forever to show. Enjoy it because this will be the only time it happens that way. :) Glad you got rid of your ants. :)

Mom of 12 said...

Let's see a picture! Glad things are settling down for you.
Sandy