3.17.2007

hey... it's SATURDAY!

well... not a whole lot to say, but isn't that always the case? It's been WASL week, which means getting to go back to bed after seminary, and that has been incredibly nice, and Monday & Tuesday are WASL days again! On Tuesday we're having a Blanket Contest in Seminary, because we've all been bringing our blankets and wearing our pajamas. It's going to be amazing, but I still haven't decided which blanket I should bring. Maybe I'll layer my blankets and take about 5 so I have a chance at winning in each of our categories, that would be fun!

Work is super boring today. I've been here for almost an hour and a half, and have had no phone calls, not even from our techs. I did my 5 minute opening job and now I'm just sitting here, working on some homework. I'm super bored and it's only 8:45... the best part is, our phones have a clock on them and say that it's 7:45, so everytime I look at the phone to find out what time it is, I get really depressed because it looks like I haven't been here long. It was freaky when I got here and it said it was 6:25, I was so confused and thought I had woken up way too early. Oh well!

On Wednesday we got our CP papers back, with all the corrections we have to make so our essay will pass. I guess my paper was the best out of all in my class! There are 4 categories (Ideas and Content, Organization, Style, Conventions) that you have to be proficient in before your paper can pass, and I was proficient in 2 of them! Nobody else was proficient in any, and most of them were needing a TON of work! Looking at all the marks on my essay it looks like I have a lot to fix, but most of it are stupid grammatical errors I made, or that I put commas in my citations where I wasn't supposed to. It pretty much will make my day when I take my essay back to Ms. Badger on Monday morning so she can check it again! I can't wait to really have this done! Too bad presentations aren't until May 16th. That leaves so much time to do absolutely nothing! Well no, I do have to make a powerpoint and figure out what I'm going to say in my presentation, but that's not TOO hard!

I think I'm going to fix my CP paper now so I can cross that off of my HUGE to do list for the weekend.

OH!!!! totally different matter. For Youth Conference this year we are putting on the production From Cumorah's Hill. I participated in this 4 years ago when we did it and am so excited to do it again! Last Sunday we had tryouts for the solos, and I think tonight at practice we know who has callbacks. As an alto I would most likely sing in the song Power of God, but... at tryouts I hit the high G that is in Born of God. It was CRAZY! Pres. Hilton had announced me as an alto, and then when we got to that page in the song he said to try to sing the whole page, and I totally rocked it! Everyone in the room was shocked that I could hit the note, and I held it out for like 5 beats, it was CRAZY! Hopefully tonight we'll learn about callbacks, and then we'll see from there if I get a solo! I'm so excited about it! I love From Cumorah's Hill!

anywho... now I'll get back to my CP paper!

1 comment:

Joe and Joanne said...

WOW Marci! What a blessing you get to do homework at work! =) How fun about the From Cumorah's Hill production - be sure to let me know what part you're going to do! Hope you are having a great week!