My FHE dad, Nathan, takes his role as dad very seriously. When he found out that I was sick he questioned why I hadn't called him yet. He was at my door in less than 10 minutes with soup and toast. He stayed and took care of me for about 45 minutes until my home teachers came.
So I recently (as in, I haven't even been to my new group yet) switched FHE groups because my original group started FHE at 8:30pm and regularly went until 10:45. I go to bed at 10, so this just didn't work for me.
Tonight I broke the news to him that he wasn't my dad anymore. He was heartbroken. Literally. He asked if he could be my dad still, and if I would call him when I was sick. I told him that he could. and that we would just say I was going to my adopted family for FHE. Now we call my new FHE group my Foster Family.
Now I feel really bad. I've been so frustrated with him for a while, and then the second he found out I was sick he dropped everything to come over... He really is a nice guy. So here's to you, Nathan! Maybe sometime I'll get to come see our family sometime.
1 comment:
Hmmmm? This is intriguing Marci! ;) You do know I'm dating a guy now (Joe) who I did not like at first (but he liked me, and I did like him as a friend). Sounds similar... Watch out - it may just happen that way for you too!
Post a Comment