11.29.2009

Alright, Buddy...

Today during Sacrament Meeting, Lesley & I sat with one of our home teachers, Jonathan (not the home teacher that fixed my computer last week). The last speaker spoke on happiness and how often the world sets such high standards for physical appearance that people are unhappy with their bodies. Jonathan turned to us and said "I like my body. I have ten hands and ten toes." I just looked at him and tried so hard not to laugh. He realized very quickly that he in fact does NOT have ten hands, and he felt dumb. I think I will be sitting with him in Sacrament Meeting and Sunday School for the rest of the semester. Unfortunately, next semester he will be studying abroad in Jerusalem, so I won't have him to entertain me during church after I go home for Christmas.

3 comments:

grandkrumps said...

It's tough to cover your hide when you make a blooper like that in Sacrament Meeting! Hope he recovers his equilibrium soon!

marci said...

oh, his comment was just to me and lesley... he wasn't giving a talk or anything. :)

Joe and Joanne said...

Man, I wish I had ten hands - it would make getting all my work done a lot faster.......I think.

(Pretty funny. I hope the poor guy was able to laugh at himself).