In Staff Meeting this week we talked about how during Winter Semester a lot of the RAs experience "RA Burnout". They recommended that we take time each day to have "me time" and spend that time completely unavailable to our residents. My dilemna now... what should I do in that "me time"? Homework is not an option, that isn't something I do just for me. I'm considering the piano, but I'm kind of limited to the music I have. Perhaps reading? But I don't even know what books to read (hint hint, I'm taking suggestions. my bff Harold B. Lee has quite the collection of books). But I'm not sure what else to do.
If you were told to have "me time" each day, what would you do?
7 comments:
Crochet, quilt, watch a chick flick, read (see my Goodreads for what I've been reading lately), take a long hot bath or shower, talk to myself - or a sister :), go for a wander, and, of course, whatever it is must include eating some dark chocolate!
Was that an hour a DAY? I'd settle for an hour a week - and I would teach my Strengthening Families class for that hour!
Can I be an RA? Maybe I already am....
I bet HBLL has the Fablehaven books. I think you'd enjoy them. I'd loan you mine, but I don't have volume 1 (they have names, but I never remember them--any more than I remember the 9 titles of Lund's Work & the Glory series!) I think an hour a day on the phone would count too--so call your sisters or your mom or someone! But I don't think it counts walking to and from class!
I would read jane austen or jennie Hansen my two favorite authors. Or spend time w/ my SFF and have a girl's night ( too bad we're in different states). Pratice the piano by writing a piano piece is an idea for you.
In all honestly an hour of "me time" a day sounds like a total luxury!
Hmmm...ideas...if you like this sort of thing - I recommend photography. ;)
Ping pong, definitely. I have some fond memories in the basement of Heritage playing ping pong. You could be really good by the time we have our reunion. Then we can have a tournament!
LOVED "a good indian wife" also the Artimes Fowl series...boys and magic sounded stupid until Harry Potter. This makes boys and fairys just as cool and fun. My favorite of the 8 kinds of faries is the dwarfs. Man, they have some awsome tricks.
Post a Comment