I was just looking through my old posts and found a fun fact. Each post I have written since I came out to school last year has gotten at least one comment. The only post in there from recently that has not gotten a comment is because it is a draft of a post that will show up December 31st(I decided to write my Year in Review as the year happens so I remember what happened in January when December rolls around).
I decided that was a cool fact and wanted to share that with you, since you are the people who comment on it. I always feel like I wrote a great post when I get a comment or two.
Other random things:
I haven't told many people about this, but I applied to be an EFY counselor over the summer for the two weeks that are in Nauvoo. I have my interview on the 29th. I'm not sure what will happen, but the thought of being an EFY counselor makes me really happy.
While I'm on interviews, I have my RA interview on Friday (this Friday). They scheduled it today, and it's a lot less intense than my interview last year. I don't have to role play a Hall Meeting this time, I guess they decided that for returning RAs that wasn't a big deal. I might prepare a little one anyway and save it for the "do you have any questions" at the end and then ask if I can role play. Haha.
Academic Week is over for me! This week in all of On-Campus-Housing we have had Back to School Week (aka Academic Week). We provide flyers on reducing test anxiety, how to mark textbooks, how to take notes in class, how to study, how to manage time, and other similar things. We had a hall meeting on Sunday about academics where I shared the fact that Fall Semester, 76 freshman students had a GPA lower than 1.0 which shocked my girls. Tonight was our "Smarty Party" which I take full credit for the name (it was a phrase that came up in my RA interview last year, and when we were planning this activity I remembered it.). We had a Spelling Bee and a General Knowledge Bee as well as some academic-ish games (Cranium and a ton of other games I don't remember). I was in charge of the General Knowledge Bee with Dustin, and it kind of sucked my life away over the last few days. I feel so good knowing it's over.
Also, 5 of the RAs are running away to Mindy's grandparents house for the long weekend, and I am so excited!!! We're not sure yet which 5 for sure, but we've got at least Me, Mindy and Allison. I think that Kelly and Ashley will end up being the other two, but they're not sure yet because of their roving schedules. I'm WAY excited to get far away from campus. I don't even know where her grandparents live, but it's over 30 minutes away which puts us far enough!!! Friday afternoon-Monday afternoon. I'm debating keeping my phone turned off while I'm gone... mostly just to make sure I have no contact with anyone on campus. What do you all think of that? No phone. No computer. That implies no Facebook. And no blogging. There will be many pictures taken I am sure, and then there will be extensive blogging afterwards.
3 comments:
OK, so I want to know--who comments more on your blog? Joanne or Mom? It will be fun to see your year in review written as it happens. I love you! Mom
Oh--I remember now what else I wanted to say: Do you have your General Knowledge questions on your computer? I'd love to have your trivia questions to try to stump Randy, who is a Trivia King. He knows a whole lot about a whole lot of things.
It's because your posts are so fun to read! Congrats on the EFY counselor bit - you'll do great with that!
Hmmm...I know I post a lot of comments on your blog, but I'd say Mom probably takes the medal for the most. :)
Post a Comment