You (the RA) just got out of class. As you're walking home you see 3 of your girls right in front of you, so you catch up with them and you all walk home together. One of the girls says "oh good, I'm glad you're here. I left my key at home and my room is locked" to which you respond "alright, let me go into my room and grab my master keys". After an extensive search through your backpack, you realize that you do not have a key with you... so you have your resident wait in the lobby while you run to the Central Building and shamefully ask for a loaner key. The office manager laughs when you ask for it, but tells you that as funny as it is for the RA to get locked out, it's funnier when the HA gets locked out. As you're talking to the office manager, Dan (I'm not sure what his title is... but he's a big manager of some sort) hears your voice and walks out of his office laughing at you. You get your loaner key, get back to your apartment, let yourself in, find your keys sitting on the desk next to your computer, grab your other keys, let your resident in and take your loaner key back, only to have them laugh at you some more.
This is the last 10 minutes of my life. And I loved it! My girls laughed at me when they found out I was locked out, but thought it was nice to see that they aren't the only ones that get locked out sometimes.
I personally cannot wait for the day that the HA is locked out and asks me to use my master keys to let her back into her apartment. That would make me feel a little better about being locked out.
And on that note... I do homework.
3 comments:
Pretty embarrassing! I HATED it when I left my apartment without a key and had to be let in! I figured I might grow up SOMEDAY and be a big girl enough not to forget it. I'm glad people with responsibilities goof sometimes too, though. Glad you worked things out. I also love your new look. Someday when I have nothing to do, I might go see what I can add to my blog to update it. But don't hold your breath.
I know how to get on your blog mom... sometime you might just go to your blog and find it already changed. :)
This is Shan. Marci, I wish I could say that I understand what you went through, but I never locked myself out as an RA.:) Thanks for sharing your RA experiences. Brings back many interesting memories.
Post a Comment