So thanks to Val, Janyse and Joanne for there comments, inspiring me to blog more! Haha, I'm loving it very much. It's nice to know that people actually read my random writings! This week has been fantastic already! Monday I worked for 6 hours, the only bad thing was the number of paper cuts I got. Today I worked for 5 hours, went hiking with mom and dad, got a massage, went to a City Council Meeting, and now I'm here. It's been an AMAZING day! Work was fantastic, they had me checking inventory which was a mindless task, I loved it. Our hike was pretty sweet, Snoqualmie is so pretty! My massage... oh my goodness! I've been going to the chiropracter regularly since my car accident and he told me yesterday that his massage therapist had an appointment available tonight, so I took it! Oh man alive I'm so glad I did. It was one of the best hours of my life! I loved it so much that I'm going back on Friday. It will be perfect, I'll get another massage, Jenna will come back on Saturday... the perfect ending for my spring break! And... atleast now I have something cool to say besides just "i went to work every day!" I always like to do something interesting that I can tell about after break.
I've decided that I'd like to become more educated in the art of City Council Meetings. They are quite interesting, but I don't really understand what they are talking about. I think I'll be going to their website and reading into a bit, and catching up on past agendas because they keep talking about past issues. I think that even though my two meeting requirement for my government class has been met, I want to continue attending the meetings. Kinda crazy, I know... but getting "involved" in city government is kinda cool!
Tonight at the meeting they were making some proposal that will hopefully help reduce the amount of reported child abuse incidents and the president of the city council looked up at the 4 high school seniors that were there and said something like "we hope to make this issue known to the public so more will come out to vote in november" as if she was hoping that we would vote! I'm so excited!!!
OH! That reminded me (i was thinking of voting) that on my last government test (about voter behaviors) that I GOT AN A! I actually got an a on a cassidy test! I'm super stoked about that, hopefully I can get a few more of those so I can raise my grade a little!
Well.. I'm out... I've got some scholarships to apply for!
3 comments:
Marci-----------you and Teagan are kindred spirits with the random topics! I tried, after reading your last blog, to get Teag to blog too, but here's his excuse: "But Mo-om, I can't type!" After the state spelling bee, there were two girls from his years there that wanted him to email to them, and he still hasn't done it. I'll have to have him call you sometime -- you two are way alike!
Thanks, too, for all the fun reminders of senior year! Things past for me, and things to come as the mom to one. YOU ARE AWESOME!!! Go Marci!!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe you actually want to attend more city council meetings! You are amazing.
And then you go and say you need to get working on those scholarship applications. You are practically perfect, just like Mary Poppins, aren't you?
Love, Mom!
that's right mom... i'm mary poppins! i think i might have to watch that movie soon, wanna watch it with me?
Post a Comment