4.05.2007

Last night!

So last night I found something that the kids (Paige, Katie, and Ryan) are super good at that I just could NOT do! Paul called and invited me to go to the park with them to play with some rocket launchers (i think that ryan had gotten for his bday) and I was really excited. There were two different kinds... one that you stomp on with your feet and ones that you launched with your hands. I could do the stomping one on my first attempt, but I could NOT get the hang of the other ones. The girls tried to show me how to do it, but I still couldn't do it! I started laughing and so did everybody else. Paul thought I was a loser, and I pretty much was. These toys were for kids, and here is Marci, 18 years old, not able to launch a silly rocket. By the time we left, I finally got the hang of it, but I don't know if I'd be able to do it again...

Then I went to Paul's and chilled with them for a while, listened to storytime and helped sing to the girls at bedtime. Then we watched Pursuit of Happyness. That's a sad movie, but we thought of ways it could've been more sad. Oh man. Depressing night.

Yesterday was pretty tight though! I went to work, got my eyebrows waxed, went to the chiropractor, finished a book, and hung out with Paul's fam. Now if only I could get those scholarships over with... I know that once I start really working on them they'll be a piece of cake, but I don't want to sit down and work on them. ACK!

In 2 hours I'm going shopping with Danielle, a girl that has been in my English class for the last 2 years. I'm super excited for this, but then I'm going to work. It's sad to think that Spring Break is almost over... I've done some pretty cool things over break so far though, if I can get atleast 1 of the scholarships applied for I'll feel pretty good about this week! YAY ME!

2 comments:

Joe and Joanne said...

Well...rocket dunce or not - I still echo Mom in saying that you're "nearly perfect in every way." :) Good luck on those scholarship applications, and keep me posted!
Much Love to you,
Joanne

Anonymous said...

Marci, would you please tell Traci how to fix things so that an ANONYMOUS person can leave comments? I can't say anything to her about those wonderful kids of hers!

Love, Mom