Well... it's official! I'm going to PROM!! This week was super exciting, Tuesday morning as I went out to my car to go to seminary there was a piece of paper on the windsheild that said "Have you been thinking about PROM? Cause I sure have... there's more to come"... I waited and waited until Wednesday night for the "more to come" part. As I was going to bed I decided to go check the porch/car, and as I opened the door there was a bag. In this bag were some super random objects and a card telling me the 6 ways to have the BEST prom EVER. The last thing on the list was Going to Prom with Allen. A little birdy told me last week that he was going to ask me, so I wasn't surprised, but I was excited!
Problem was... that was at 10:45 pm that I found it, and he had a flight at 11:00 am the next day to Orlando for a DECA trip. So... a few minutes after I found the bag, I called him (he didn't answer his cell) and left him a message along the lines of "hmmm, it's 11, I just found the bag you left me, and tomorrow you're leaving for your trip. sounds like you're just gonna have to wait til you get back for my response. have an awesome trip, see you in a week!"
I have yet to create my response, but I'm getting there. I have to drop it off to his house, or give it to his bro at school by Monday night so I can feel confident it will get to the right place before he gets home.
Today Prom became more real... the past few days I've been looking at dresses with mom, trying on dresses that friends have, and trying to figure out what to do about it. Yesterday Mom went to Joann's and bought some patterns to show me that she could make me my prom dress. Today we went together to JoAnn's and picked out my fabric! My dress is going to be "cornflower blue", it's a lot prettier then it sounds. Right after that, we went and found my shoes...
We then went to Macy's to look at purses. They didn't have any small evening bags, so I came home and got online. I found this one at JCPenny's. I haven't gone yet to get it, I'll take a detour on my way home from work tomorrow.
Mom is working on a mock bodice for my dress tonight. Hopefully we'll get it all figured out and then she can work on the real thing soon!
I'll get pictures of all of these things up soon... I could post links to my shoes and purse if you really wanted to see them... but I'll wait for now!
I'm WAY excited! Today has been AMAZING
No comments:
Post a Comment