4.08.2009

Facebook...

... I got on Facebook tonight to see if one of my girls was on so I could take her some cupcake baking supplies for our Hall Activity that is tomorrow. Instantly 4 people started chatting with me. 4 people that were not the girl I needed to talk to. I told everyone that I was talking to that I couldn't talk because they were all overwhelming me. Then I changed my status and my chat setting so I appeared to be offline. I think I will leave that setting that way. Maybe forever. I loved that instantly Megan, The Queen of America, commented on my status. Way to be on Facebook! While my status says I won't be on again until after finals, one needs to know that my finals will be over on Saturday the 18th. That gives me basically 10 days, Facebook free (mostly). I do have to get on occasionally because 215 uses facebook messages to plan birthday parties, and Christie's birthday party is coming up shortly. And I will check my Hall Activity Event tomorrow to know how many people really claim to be coming, so that when they don't show up we can go knock on their doors. :) mwahaha. Thank you facebook.

Facebook can be a wonderful tool, like I mentioned in my RA final presentation today... but sometimes it's just annoying. There have been many times recently where I have had a strong desire to delete my facebook just because it wastes time and stresses me out. But then I remember the good that Facebook does. Like keeping me and my hall advisor connected. And as a way for me to find common ground with my residents. But then, I remembered that my hall advisor and I also connect via blogs, email, phone calls, and regular visits with eachother, and that I see my residents all the time. Perhaps Facebook isn't as necessary as I once thought? And that my friends, is why after the semester ends you will notice that my number of Facebook Friends will be reduced greatly. All the boys in my ward right now (minus the select few) will be deleted. I can't delete my girls, I told them I wouldn't because I want to know when they all get engaged. But, I can delete the girls from the other building in our ward. I'll survive without them, except maybe my visiting teacher, she's fabulous. So Saturday, April 18th, as soon as my Stats final is done and I have taken my needed recovery nap, I will get back on Facebook and delete friends. HOORAY!

2 comments:

Joe and Joanne said...

To be honest...the mere thought of Facebook overwhelms me. All "my girls" (LP2 Relief Society) keep urging me to join, but frankly I hardly have time to keep up with their needs via email, phone, in person contact - and the last thing I would need is to be accessible for IM-ing through Facebook.

A girl needs her privacy.

grandkrumps said...

You Go Girl! Way to make a statement. I do hardly ANYTHING on facebook--just check up on my girls (Laurels--there are only FOUR of them!) and see what my high school friends are doing (I have about three of those!). I love you!