4.09.2009

Sprinkles?

It's 11:00 pm. I have a paper due in about 14 hours. I would love to get to sleep sometime before 5:00am, but this paper is kind of important. For some reason I have procrastinated. Well, not fully true. I wrote the first section (my "who did you interview and why" section) and I made my cover sheet about a week ago.

My roommates are getting ready for bed and I look at the clock and groan. How long will it take me to write my paper? I begin planning on pulling an all-nighter. I have Ice Cream in the freezer, Trix in the pantry, and I can always whip up some Easy Mac or something. Snacks are covered.

Then. My roommate brings me a bowl of my Roasted Almond Fudge ice cream. With sprinkles in it. I couldn't decipher between the almonds and the sprinkles in some cases, it was kind of crazy. I came to the conclusion... I like sprinkles and I like Roasted ALmond Fudge ice cream, but I'm not a huge fan of the combination. But because I think I'll be up all night, I go for it. Why not.

Then, midnight happens. I am instantly reminded that it is my night to sign up for my classes. I get all 6 classes that I want, then Mindy calls because she has a hold on her account and she needs me to save a spot for her in one of her classes. I drop one of my classes, the one I know will be easiest to add back later, and grab her spot for her.

After deciding that I want to go running (not that i really want to run, I just don't want to sit down and focus) we decide to have an apartment teeth-brush extravaganza. Four of us in the bathroom at once, brushing our teeth.

Everybody goes to bed, and I tell them that I might see them when I wake up (fully expecting myself to be working on my paper still when they wake up).

Well, I'm pleased to say that it is now 2:01am and I have my paper finished, printed, and stapled with the rubric attached. It's in my binder for tomorrow.

Best part, once I actually allowed myself to focus it didn't take me long at all to write my paper. GO ME!

And, next semester will be interesting. Mom- I couldn't do the Susan E. Black class that I wanted to because one of my finance classes is only offered the hour that her church history class was being offered. I'm going to look through and see if she is teaching any other classes at any other times, I really want a class from her. Also, the cooking class was full, but I'm over it. It should still be a great semester, just the potential for a lot more reading than I've done this semester, but also a lot less math than I've done this semester. HOORAY!

2 comments:

SSvedin said...

That's exciting! Btw I updated my blog and you should take a relgion class from alonzo gaskill you'll love him! What classes are you taking?

grandkrumps said...

I have to agree with Steph--I have read a couple of books by Gaskill and I like what he has to say. So if SEB is not available at an hour you can fit, try him. Congrats on finishing your paper in such short order. 17 days now. I'm excited!