Tonight was my last night roving all 6 buildings. Next time I rove it will just be my tri-hall. That being said, I said goodbye to the lobby in Kimball, the couch that I often hung out on in their lobby when I was talking to the boys last year, the apartments as a whole that I spent lots of time with last year. The spot on the fireplace where I sat as I watched probably 30 mission calls be opened, this year and last year.
Ultimately, it just helped me recognize how fast a year goes by. I remember vividly moving out of the dorms last year. I remember going to Kimball to say goodbye to certain people as they left, and having other people come to me when I left. Now it's been a year and I'm getting ready to do the same thing. This time though... I'm not coming back to the dorms. I won't be across the street from all of my freshman memories.
As excited as I was about it being my last night roving through all 6 buildings, as I walked home after putting the phone and binder in Kimball I almost cried. I am lame, I know. This corner of the dorms has just been my life for 2 years and now it is slowly becoming just a memory, and I haven't even left yet. In two weeks when I pack up and leave the dorms, it will (hopefully) be the end of cinderblock walls. The end of sharing 2 washers and dryers with 58 other people.
Who knew that one last lock-up of that hall would bring me close to tears?
2 comments:
Mmmm...change is both hard and good. I can testify of that. You're going to love living in an apartment next year though - get ready for some fun times and great new memories!
We faced sort of the same emotions last night. We had a meeting with the Shift Coordinators at the Temple and both counselors in the Temple Presidency are finishing off their missions at the end of this week--after their Saturday shifts on the 18th. I know we will be getting 30 or 40 new couples in the next few days, but I will surely miss the ones we have grown to love so much. Change IS both hard and good. You can't have NEW without saying goodbye to part of the OLD you.
Post a Comment