The black stuff is apartment numbers that I needed to go to for cleaning checks. People call like crazy, and I didn't always have a paper with me, so my hand was my ongoing list.
My middle finger knuckle became a victim to the wall. Because my hall has conference guests staying soon (Women's Conference), before we leave on Saturday we get to put mattress pads, pillows and blankets on each bed. I have 9 rooms that are empty right now (that I know of) so I'm getting a headstart. Unfortunately as I dragged a box of pillows up to my room from the basement my finger scraped against the wall. I love bloody knuckles. Too bad anything I would use to fix is already packed in a box.
You can't see my finger nails, but they are super short and have dirt and stuff underneath them.
Today I got everything in my room packed except for my computer, my camera, and my bathroom stuff. I'm exhausted from packing. We had lunch at the Cannon Center today, so I'm exhausted from eating 3 plates of main entrees and 2 desserts. Then there was the moving of the boxes. Oh, and a bajillion checkouts this morning. Next on my list... load up FHE brothers van so he can help me take my stuff up to Jeanne's parents house tonight. Then when my stuff is mostly out of here (and my suitcases that are packed are hidden in my closets) I get to rearrange my room, steal a bed from my neighbors apartment and put it in my room. I think I will have done more lifting/exercising today than the whole semester combined... maybe with the exception of the night Megan and I (and some Kimball boys) moved Christmas Trees from the basements.
Yay for my pretty hands.
5 comments:
Poor Baby! I'm sorry about your bloody knuckles. Moving those springs and mattresses can be hazardous to your health. I know how strenuous that activity can be! And I also have witnessed first hand the difficulty of keeping control in the Cannon Center when there are plates and plates of desserts to choose from. And their mint brownies are FABULOUS!!!!! Happy dieting for the next few days. Love you. 3 more days!
Comment # 2: Does anyone else think that hand resembles Valerie's? I think they look enough alike to be SISTERS!!!
My hands are looking aged ("veiny") in comparison to these young ones. ;)
Ow. That looks really painful.
OUCH!
Post a Comment