2.22.2009

I Love to See The Temple

Last night my apartment and our FHE brothers had the opportunity to go to the Draper Temple Open House. First off, many thanks to Callin for reserving us tickets. It was so nice to go with just our FHE group than with the whole stake later. Before going through the temple they showed a short film on the importance of temples and the work that goes on in the temple. It was great. Then came the mass exodus of us from the church building (where we met to watcht the movie) up to the temple. We rode in a bus, with way more people than should have been on the bus. Then we got to the temple where they had a long stream of white tents that we walked through to get to the door. The line was huuuge, but so worth the wait. The Draper Temple is SO beautiful! I know that I walked through Mt. Timp before it was dedicated, but I was pretty young then and didn't really understand the temple then. As we walked from the Baptistry, through the Ordinance Rooms, to the Brides Dressing Room, and then the Sealing Room we were all just amazed at the gorgeous artwork in the hallways. The Brides Dressing Room was AMAZING. One of the boys I was with turned to me afterwards and told me that he loved that room and was glad that when he came to get married later he knew his bride would have a beautiful place to get ready. The whole building was just gorgeous and I LOVED it!

I love the temple! I'm really sad that I won't be in Utah for the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House this summer. But, I'm glad I'll be so close to another beautiful temple!

1 comment:

SSvedin said...

that's aweomse! Yeah I haven't actually walked through a temple since the bountiful. And I was young, all i remember about was it being really pretty and having to put things over my shoes. lol But we're all planning on having the candaians return the favor and go up to the BC temple. Maybe you'll be around :)