2.04.2009

Manicotti = Success







I obviously haven't learned the art of uploading pictures in the order I want. This was dinner tonight at my apartment. I cooked. And it was amazing. At the top we have the finished product... Two Cheese Manicotti, Green Beans, French Bread and Raspberry Lemonade. TASTY!

I was so excited to use my Pampered Chef Micro-cooker for something other than a can of soup. It was FABULOUS. The French Bread was freshmade this morning... when I bought it it was still super squishy! Oh man it was good. And Raspberry Lemonade. It just doesn't get much better than Country Time.

This was my first experience making manicotti, and it for sure will not be the last. I am a HUGE fan and so are my roommates. Next time... I'm adding meat I think. We'll see how that goes. Filling the manicotti shells kinda sucked. I've got to figure out a better technique. YAY FOR MANICOTTI!

Best dinner we've had all week, and maybe even all semester. And I'm not exaggerating. Everyone was standing in the kitchen hovering over the oven waiting for it to come out. It smelled so good, and everyone was so excited to eat it! Success!

3 comments:

grandkrumps said...

Looks YUMMY! I have NEVER made manicotti. You'll have to show us and fix dinner here this summer. I bet your roommates are happy to have you aboard. Pleasant dreams.
Mom

marci said...

I will for SURE make manicotti this summer. I find my recipes at www.allrecipes.com now, hopefully when I get home I'll have a whole collection of new things to make you try. I'm not sure how to sell Brad on manicotti, except that it tastes kind of like lasagna, but tonight I didn't have any meat in it. Hmm, I'll work on that.

Valerie said...

I hope you strained out the water from the beans with the lid on that micro cooker. It seriously gives me joy every time I do that. ;)