2.10.2009

It's Been a While...

It's almost been a week since I have blogged. CRAZY! So much has happened in the last week... that's why I haven't blogged. I took three midterms, turned in two papers, worked a couple of nights, and had a great weekend doing some fun things!

I have my names for my roommates (Roommate 1-4... not creative) but last week I also learned that my Hall Advisor (my bff) is the Queen of America. Rather than referring to her as my bff or my HA or by her name (which is Megan) I am going to refer to her as the Queen of America from now on. Best part of her name, is that she doesn't remember why that was her name. Good story. I know.

This weekend is a long weekend, so all of my roommates are leaving for the the weekend. Some of them are leaving on Thursday and the rest are leaving on Friday. They all are coming back sometime on Monday. This means I have an apartment to myself. And the potential for some long days/nights. Friday I'm going to see Divine Comedy (www.divinecomedy.net) and I am so excited for that. Saturday is the on-campus-housing Invitational dance, so I get to work for an hour to set it up. Monday I'm meeting up with a friend I haven't seen yet this semester. I'm so excited to spend some time with her. My plan is to spend a lot of the weekend doing homework. I have two midterms next week and I would love to take them both on Tuesday. Normally that couldn't happen because everything on campus shuts down for an hour for devo, and my classes are spaced oddly, and then there is staff meeting in the night. However, this holiday is not a normal one at BYU. Since we have Monday off, Tuesday will be Monday classes. That means I should have plenty of time to take my tests on Tuesday!

Next week is cleaning checks again... That means that it has almost been a month since I had the flu, because I threw up between cleaning checks last month. Yay for the flu.

This is turning really really really random. I should probably go to sleep soon, but I have my staff meeting in a few minutes. I decided blogging was the best use of my time right now because I need to leave soon for my meeting and I didn't want to get started on my Family Finance homework because I figure it will take me a while to do it.

It snowed this morning and that made me not happy.

On Monday I got to play with the Queen of America's baby! When I got there to watch teh boys while the Queen went to her one-on-one meeting with her boss both of her boys were asleep, but pretty soon after she left the baby woke up. We made faces at each other and we played with my phone. He is so darn cute! I was sad that her older son didn't wake up, he's super cute too! But, it was so nice to be around kids again. I've decided that I really miss all the babysitting that I used to do, especially for my three core families. I never realized how attached to those particular kids I was until I came out to school and didn't have any kids to play with let alone the particular ones I was used to. I can' wait to see my kids this summer at the family reunion! YAY!

Alright. Meeting time is quickly approaching... so I'm out. Maybe I'll write a more coherent post after the meeting is over, but then again maybe I won't.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRAD! And Happy Birthday to Val, yesterday!

2 comments:

KrumperKids said...

I'm glad you blogged, since it gave me something to read while I'm waiting for Paul to finish Guitar Hero and go to bed. Send me a blog topic, I can't think of anything to blog about!

grandkrumps said...

Jeanne, I had to click on the tiny picture above--in its half-inch state, I truly thought Paige was YOU. Jeanne in miniature! Marci, you are like a Stream of Consciousness running through my life! I'd like to hear the story of the "Queen of America" name for Megan! Let me know what you decide to do for next year! Love, Mom