4.23.2009

It's Over...

Before I jump into this post, I have to mention that I've been working on it for over a week. On the last day of class I started this post, and saved it to automatically post later. I was going to wait until the day I checked out, but then I decided I'd rather not wait.

This school year is over! I've survived, probably barely... but I survived. There are a few key people here who have helped me survive (this means I know I'm excluding any family members [none of you are in Provo], friends at home, etc).

On the last day of Pearl of Great Price, Brother Ogden got kind of emotional and told us that the righteous don't ever have to say goodbye, because we'll be together in the eternities. So, I'm going to do everything in my powers to remain righteous, and you all better too... because I never want to have to say goodbye to you guys:

Mindy. You helped me stay sane, often. We got together just to cry sometimes. You knew when I was stressed. You brought me soup when I was sick, along with a step by step guide on how to feel better. We roved together. We laughed at the crazy Kimball boys together. We had that Friday night that we stayed up until 5:30 together, watching movies and talking. We ran away to your grandparents house together. We hung out at the central building together sometimes, especially with food. Haha! We crashed each others hall programs, just to eat the food. I mean, of course you came to relax too, but lets face it... had there not been the bean dip, haha! We are creepers together. Our forces combined are freaking amazing. Remember when we went bowling and I got a strike? Or how we ate so much junk food together? We were so good at that! Grilled cheese, a song about rebound girls... you know what I mean.

Allison. Oh girl, you know I wouldn't have made it without you. We watched a ton of movies together this year, as an attempt to avoid our residents (only when we really needed some sanity, we were not neglectful, I promise). We talked, often, about everything. We went to the temple together (that one time...). We really met last year when we were on the same team for the Quizbowl, remember, the activity we did NOT cheat at, but should've won because I was a genius and knew why we had more whistles than the other team? Hahaha. You crimped my hair for the decades dance, holy crap! That was hot. We had very insightful conversations with your basement apartment about how everybody poops, and how we should be grateful each time we poop. I'm sure that sounds weird to everyone else, but you know exactly what I mean. Remember when we went to Zupas, Cafe Rio, and Target when we went to Mindy's grandparents? And how we were pretty much just crazy and ate lots of food, especially SNACK CAKES? How we lounged around in our pjs for 3 days, and then went and got pedicures?

Jacob. My FHE dad. You let me pretend like you were my boyfriend to get rid of my creeper. Thank you. You single handedly were the reason I enjoyed New Testament. I was so done with Brother Parker, but you always made me laugh. We took that crazy picture of us together at Temple Square, it's one of my favorites. We argued, all the time, but it always ended up with us laughing at it. You didn't care that I ditched FHE half the time, and sometimes I think you wished you could've ditched it too. We (probably illegally) watched The Dark Knight at the library that one night because visiting hours just weren't long enough for us to watch it in one of our apartments. You introduced me to GOOD BURGER, hahahahahahaha. We found that Pokemon card together... Remember how we ate ice cream with Braedon and Kourt the day the rest of our apartment left, and how Kourt and I made a bet that you would sit next to me not her, and it took you like 5 minutes to try and explain why you sat next to me? It really had nothing to do with the fact that you were already standing by my side of the table, we both know you really wanted to sit by me.

Hannah. I don't think RAs are allowed to have favorites, but if I could, you would be one of them. From that one hall meeting where we made faces at eachother til the bitter end, you always said hi to me. I knew all about your missionary in the Texas, Houston East mission. I knew when you got letters, and when there were pictures. You asked about all of my missionaries. You gave me hugs. You were the wheels the day we got to go sign our contracts for our condos next year.

Lesley. Oh man girl. Again, RAs shouldn't have favorites (remember that next year) but you are definitely on my list of unofficial favorites. We ate ice cream together often. I came up to your apartment to watch The Office with you. You did my hair and makeup that Saturday when we took all those pictures. We made videos together on Facebook. You applied to be an RA and you got the Chastity Slide. You're in two of my classes in the Fall, unless you drop them (I'm not going to, I need those classes). You just always make me laugh. Yup.

Kourt. You introduced me to Spark. We went to Starbucks together to get our White Hot Chocolate/Carmel Apple Cider fix. We went to DI together and bought ugly sweaters and scrubs. We went to Zupas after General Conference together because we were both hungry but really wanted to go out. It took us 30 minutes to decide where we wanted to go because we looked through all the Restaurants in the Provo/Orem phone book. Zupas was the last one, and the one we picked. We had Pearl of Great Price together, which was sometimes hilarious. We stayed up talking late at night, until you got your early morning custodial job, then we barely talked because you weren't home and if you were you were sleeping. We were the nazis that kept our kitchen clean forever, until neither of us really cared anymore. We had many random conversations in my room, that the rest of our apartment probably heard, but the point was you needed to talk and none of them would've understood. They probably think you're crazy but I know you're not.

Kendra. You just make me laugh, especially since you announced you were pregnant, and use that as your excuse for everything. You have a super cute son, who can spell my name, and knows that I love him... and everybody else in your family. He cries when I walk away without saying goodbye or explaining that I'll be right back, which ultimately just makes me laugh. Every time I come pick up the phone and he hears my voice/sees me he runs to the door with that one tupperware container of letters, you know the one. He was a close second for being my bff this year.

Megan. The Queen of America. My Hall Advisor. My BFF. Ultimately, without you I probably would've died this year. You were first on the list, and then I started crying, and so I moved you to the bottom so I would stop crying. Just know, you were first. Reading through some of our really old emails, our friendship was destined to be like this... some of our first few emails were really funny, kind of like those nights where we both were at our computer, emailing each other back and forth, with random bits from Oliver thrown in there... something about ninja classes, and lock-picking. We had one-on-ones that lasted over an hour sometimes because I liked playing with your boys, or because they were climbing all over me which made the meetings take longer. I was accused of you being my BFF before I realized that it was really true. You knew pretty much every detail about my life except for that few weeks where I couldn't decide if I was going to be an RA again, because I didn't tell you about it until I had decided, and even then I had to tell you in my weekly report because I thought if I told you in person I would cry (I cried enough typing it to you, so I don't know what it would've been like in person). Staff Meetings were always fabulous, especially when you, Melanie, Oliver and I would sit and talk about baby names and such for an hour afterwards. You like silly words, like canoodling. You found people dancing in my building and told me about it, and we laughed. It was funny, you know it. You were my big sister while I was at school, since my sisters left BYU way before I got here (don't worry sisters, I still love you). My RA experience would have been waaaay different with any other HA, and I'm not sure I would've liked it so much.

2 comments:

grandkrumps said...

Sounds like some exceptional friends. They deserve to be honored and advertised as STUPENDOUS people all over the place. Please come home and tell me MORE about them. 3 more days!

Megan said...

Marci, I don't know what I'm going to do without you. Thanks for letting me be important to you. I will miss you. And it makes me happy that you found some good friends through this year that really made a difference in your life.