...this bad habit I have. I finish my homework, pull up solitaire and my new playlist on pandora, and play solitaire until I realize what time it is. Then I get ready for bed. I get as far as getting into my bed and almost falling asleep, and then... I realize! I didn't set my alarm. Not only did I not set my alarm, but I don't even know where my phone is, so I can't set my alarm. Roommates are all asleep, so I can't just have them call my phone so I can find it, but that wouldn't help tonight anyway... my phone is on silent still from being in the testing center for 2+ hours.
And that is now what this post turns into. I had my first Stats midterm today. 54 questions. 2+ hours. AND the testing center was PACKED! I had to go to some tiny little overflow room that made me really uncomfortable. And I had to sit there for 2+ hours. At the end I realized that the whole time I had been sitting next to a girl that was in my building last year.
And that is where this post goes next. This girl who was in my building last year is a twin. Her twin was also in our building. Her twin got engaged over the weekend. I think 7 girls from my building last year are now engaged. Stephanie, Quinta, Katelyn, Brittany, Krystal, someone else I don't remember their name but she lived in the bedroom above me... oh, and then our RA got married. I think that equals 7. Anyway, it's funny to run into those girls on campus now and see them wearing their rings. CRAZY!
And now... this post goes in a direction I haven't yet planned. My room being spotless lasted a little over a week. Then yesterday/today happened. Yesterday I was studying for an exam, filling out some forms for work, and ate dinner in my room. Erase that, I don't remember eating dinner last night. Eating dinner in my room happened tonight. Oh, and last night for dinner we had pork chops, I remember now. So I had a bowl in my room from eating Bean with Bacon soup. I hadn't eaten Bean with Bacon soup since I left home for college over a year and a half ago. Way to bring back memories, Campbells! Bean With Bacon Soup and Cheese Toast, around the old old kitchen table (the one that had the nasty blue bench around it, the one that I always got squished in the corner, that one). I haven't thought of that ugly, uncomfortable blue bench in years. Now, random thought about the blue bench. Remember that little door thing under it that was a cupboard that mom would store cookbooks in? (or maybe I put them down there... I'm really not sure) Did that little space have mice in it? Maybe I was just told it had mice in it... kind of like how I was told we had a dog named Dover? And I so believed that story too. I even wrote a story about Dover in 1st grade about how sad I was that Dover died. Ms. Hansen even thought it was a sad story, she felt bad for our family. Having our dog get runned over. And then... I find out we never had a dog named Dover, and our dog named Dover never did get runned over... Curse being the youngest! Will anyone back me up with the cupboard thing under the bench? And maybe, maybe mom put cook books down there? And... were there ever mice?
Okay. That was really random. But, that's okay. That's kind of how I think. And I think I needed to talk about Dover. Maybe I should seek counseling because of Dover. Or the lack thereof. Maybe while I'm at it I should get counseling for the lack of Baby Ted. But maybe not, Baby Ted was very useful as a child. I blamed him for everthing.
On that note. I think I'm going to turn the light on and find my phone. And then set my alarm. And then go to bed. And maybe tomorrow I will buy an alarm clock that is not part of my phone. Then this would not be a regular problem. Good idea? I think so!
5 comments:
Oh, how you do ramble! Congrats on completing your Stats test, even if you were squished in a tiny room next to someone you knew. Here's my suggestion: just clean your room back up again; and DO get a real alarm clock (electric so that you don't have to remember to wind it up!). And to answer your question, there were cookbooks (seldom used!) under the ugly blue bench, but to my recollection, there were no mice. Can anyone back me up on this one? Traci? Valerie? Janyse? (Does she really read anyone's blogs anymore???) And that's where this post goes! Love you, Mom
There are alarm clocks that you have to wind up? Knowing my luck I'll buy one of those and not ever wind it up.
And thank you! I feel so much better knowing I didn't make up the cookbooks being under the ugly blue bench.
You are hilarious. Run, Dover, Run!!
And he was! (runned over)
There weren't any mice when I lived at home, but I thought I had heard stories about mice afterwards -- like while I was dealing with rats at the Big House. Marci, you are such a crackup! Maybe I'll do a rambling post someday too! (unless they all are rambles!) -- And I agree with Mom -- only buy an electric alarm clock!
No mice that I recall. Wow, blue bench, Baby Ted, Dover. I can't remember when I thought of all of these last...
Post a Comment